Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Options
Hi!
I'm Ashley, a 32 year old mom of 2 and OR charge nurse. I am fat living in one of the fittest cities in the United States...yay.
After a long day of dealing with demanding surgeons, crazy co-workers and just the general demands of being a nurse, I want to drown my sorrows in Coke, ice cream and candy.
I hate to exercise and vegetables make me sad. Help!

Replies

• totallytheresa
    Options
    Hi! I'm Theresa.. 46 year old mom of 3 practically grown ups. I've been a nurse practitioner in the hospital for just over a year, new position to me and new shift-evenings.. Sometimes I get home at midnight or 1am and want to unwind with cheese and crackers and pineapple sugar nuggets! Yeah, that got me to 20+ pounds overweight quickly!
  • ashleygolden1213
    Options
    Welcome Theresa!! And congrats on your NP!!
  • totallytheresa
    Options
    :)
  • bootyfat_girl
    bootyfat_girl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LPN for just over a year now. Lost 15 pounds after nursing school when I started working (no time for breaks lol), now I'd like to get the last 15 pounds off. Just started working 3rd shift and I'm afraid of putting wt. on instead of dropping it.
  • drotzmaj
    drotzmaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi nurse friends! My name is a Alicia. I've been in the medical profession for the past 7 years or so, but have only been a nurse for about a year now. I work "mid-shift" in the ER which means 11AM-11PM, 12PM-12AM, or 2PM-2AM. I live about an hour from work, which makes every work day at least a 14 hour day. It also makes eating right and finding time for excercise difficult unless I go short on sleep! I have a coworker who is a distributor of Advocare products and am currently doing a 24 day challenge. Am feeling more energetic and have already started dropping some weight. Would love to have the support of some fellow nurses to keep myself motivated to eat right and continue to work out, especially after the end of the challenge!
  • nkelly1020
    nkelly1020 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been a registered nurse for a year and a half. I lost almost 50 lbs (!) on MFP during nursing school and evidently the stress of nursing on the floor has gotten the best of me. I need help getting back on track and perhaps a little nursing support during the first years of my career as well. I'm open to any tips you all have to keep a healthy lifestyle in this stressful profession!