Chat and Accoutnability 25-31 Oct

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you.
Not a lot going on in Georgia at the moment. I did get my training Javelins ordered and they should be here this coming week.

Replies

• jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Not much going on here in Illinois either. :smile:
    Options
    Good morning peeps.

Ok, Jen's going off the rails here but bear with me. :smile:

I realize the holidays are coming up and challenges can be even more difficult. However, it's time for me to set myself some challenges and y'all are free to join me. What's bringing this on? Well, despite the 'success' of my first Tough Mudder, I realize I have a long way to go to be where I want to be. I walk every morning at work but that's the only thing I've really done for months. I'm still shocked I was able to walk the 10+ miles in Vegas (we did stop frequently which helped). I want to be able to do more obstacles in May (yep, I've already signed up for another TM).

Soooooo with that, let's get to the challenges.
    1. Kick the sugars, especially the artificial ones. I've done a good job of keeping the aspartame out of my system (thankfully) but the HFCS, especially from soda, is still a problem. I want to eliminate all artificial sugars and then work towards other processed ones as well (or at least keeping them to a minimum)
    2. Get back to actually cooking (and cooking HEALTHY). This is something that I have not done regularly for quite some time. I actually miss it but really got out of the habit.
    3. WALK!!! I'm setting a 30 mile challenge for November. Remember Jen's January Jaunt? Well this is the jaunt v2.0. :smile: I'm not going to try to do the 5+ miles at a time. I want to make sure my feet aren't hurting (there weren't in Vegas) and that I can continue the challenge and not stop after only a couple days.
    4. I'm going to start taking Pilates classes again. I haven't taken any since my instructor moved to Texas. I miss her but I need to find another instructor that I can feel comfortable with. A 'new' studio opened recently (purchased from the previous owner, who I had heard great things about) so I will be going to check it out this week.

Ok, I know that's a lot. There is really only one true challenge (the walking). The rest are just things that I want to start doing again. I'm putting this out here for the accountability. Feel free to join me, if you want. :smile:

Hope everybody has a great day.
  • leopardprintaholic
    leopardprintaholic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @jenniferyounginillinois Jen, I'm in! Calling mine: "No dinkin'-around November" :)
    Options
    DebSue!!!!! My diva!!!!! :smile:
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Jen, I love that you threw your challenge up here. Awesomeness! I'll be checking to see what you think of your new Pilates class :)
    Options
    Jen, I love that you threw your challenge up here. Awesomeness! I'll be checking to see what you think of your new Pilates class :)

Thanks. I have to start! And I need accountability! :smile:

• kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Giddy-up! Yes, I am back in the saddle again. Missed this group and was majorly inspired by all of the GunRunners. Y'all rock!

Love all those goals Jen. You got this!!!

Not sure what my goals will be. For now, move my body and eat clean. I am hoping to get through another winter without hibernating in a fetal position, plus lose some weight. No more doctor's visits and tests! I am starting my "new" year NOW.
    Options
    kris3b wrote: »
    Giddy-up! Yes, I am back in the saddle again. Missed this group and was majorly inspired by all of the GunRunners. Y'all rock!

Love all those goals Jen. You got this!!!

Not sure what my goals will be. For now, move my body and eat clean. I am hoping to get through another winter without hibernating in a fetal position, plus lose some weight. No more doctor's visits and tests! I am starting my "new" year NOW.

KRIS!!!!! It's about time you get your butt in here!! I was about to come drag you in kicking and screaming!!!! :tongue:
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit behind, got sick after vegas then I was just feeling sluggish and trying to catch up to things. Plus having a new young foster kept me busy. She's great, super affectionate and sweet but she is young and smart which translate into a lot of "no" in the house right now.

Jen, sorry for so many footage, I don't know what to film so I just film everything lol.
    Good for you for signing up to do a TM and I'm glad that your feet didn't hurt. Yay!
    I hope that Pilates studio worked out.
    Yes, I shall join in on the challenge.

Kris glad you're back!

John, Javelin yay! My fav in the fields sport. I loved the feeling of a good throw, you'll know it right before you release it(at least for me) Its akin to when you hit the sweet spot on the bat.

I have a goal for November, maybe someone wanna join me? I want to do 5 fitnessblender workout a week. It could be a 10min video or 100min. It can be yoga or weights, anything I just want to start being consistent. For those of you who don't know, fitness blender is a free youtube workout video channel. Very high quality and detail and they have everything yoga, stretches, kettlebell, weight, body weight, HIIT, Tabata, cardio, area specific workouts etc.

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Folks! Hope all ius well with all of you.

Jen - Mark the target and Roll in Hot on those goals!

Kris, Deb sue, Amy Glad to see you once again. We miss you.

Heron - Glad you're feeling better, I like fitness blender stuff, I'm thinking I'll join your challenge except that I've been meaning to do more yoga so Gonna do Man Flow Yoga 3X week as part of the goal.

• heronh
    Options
    Yay John! I'm gonna start on Monday, will post which video I did for the day,
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Heron I love the idea of mixing up different types and lengths of fitnessblender workouts for a month. I think I can fit in some of the short workouts, will you be posting links here?
    I'm back into long hikes now that it's finally cooled down a bit here in San Diego. One of the things I love most in life is being in the mountains. You have no control because the mountains tell you when you're going to hike slow or fast, or get on all fours and climb, or run. A couple days ago I was by myself just starting my hike up Mt. Woodson, barely out of the staging area, and a guy who was finishing his hike said, with a lot of concern, "there's a rattlesnake on the ledge up there." I knew he was only trying to be helpful, but I had to stifle my laugh because there are thousands of "ledges up there" with thousands of rattlesnakes doing what rattlesnakes do. Anyway, I love how hikers are mostly folks who respect each others needs to be alone in nature but would help you if you needed it at the drop of a hat. I'm looking forward to all the winter hikes ahead!
  • AngelaLastname
    AngelaLastname Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

It seems to be a week for the lost returning? LOL But found I am! I didn't have an inactive summer but apparently not active enough because I'm still up :(

However I have done a few things these last few weeks to change that.
    1 - bought an Up move by jawbone and tracking steps
    2 - contacted friends of mine about forming an accountability group
    3 - started some small healthy food changes

I can't remember if it was Kim or Heron who first mentioned the Happier podcast but it has changed my life! Over the last 6 months I have learned so much about myself and others and it's amazing! ! I have also read Happier at Home and waiting on The Happiness Project from the library but I'm really interested in her newest book Better than Before! All about habits...

I discovered I am most likely an Obliger... which really means personal goals are hard for me but I need to please others so accountability is SO important to me!

So there are my thoughts LOL... lucky you guys! Heehee
  • heronh
    Options
    Amy, yes I will post my workouts here, maybe even take a before picture and see what one month of continuous workout can to do.
    I love hilly hikes! Yeah people don't know that they walk over snakes all the times. I'm not scared of snakes and I stay on the path. Thankfully I hike with my dogs so if there's a snake moving, they'll let me know. I don't let them off leash either. I hope you have a good hiking season! By the way since you are in SD, check out healthyisthenewskinny.com they sometimes host events, I think they are in your neck of the woods. It's a site about health, embracing all body type and educating women about media manipulation how media force fed women to think that only certain types of bodies are desirable and how that seep into our minds. I was talking to Carol about in Vegas. The whole notion that women only look good when they are skinny, who set that precedent? I'm not saying looking lean is not attractive I'm saying that before we chase that magic number to loose weight and look good, think real hard why THAT number?
    Angela, yay! Welcome back!
    It must have been Kim, but I'm glad that you found something that helped. It's always beat to gain more insight on ourself and the world.
    Miss obliger would you like to join us on he fitnessblender challenge? ;)
    Options
    Good morning everybody. I'll hop in later to reply to the above posts. I will say that I'm with ya Heron on the 'Fitness Blender' challenge.