New Sleeve Patient

Options
Hey all! I just had the sleeve done Aug. 31st and am working my way through the phases. Its tough though, cause I am not hungry, but I CRAVE food. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, and I am not losing weight. I lost weight during week 1, and have been stalled there ever since. Anyone else have this issue? Between being stalled and craving food, all I want to do is say forget this, and eat what Im craving. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• Jessvaliquette
    Jessvaliquette Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Stalls are very normal, they suck *kitten* but are so normal. If you are still having issues up your fluids and protein, you might be stuck in starvation.
  • MrsDreamer1974
    MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    About the cravings..your body might be telling you that you need something its not getting. Drink more water and go to this web site to see what your body might be needing http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2014/01/what-do-food-cravings-mean/ ...sometimes if you crave chocolate, it is your body’s way of letting you know you may be deficient in magnesium.
  • reeniesing
    reeniesing Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the site. I dislike when people say it's normal, but it is. I went almost 3 weeks about 30 to 40 days after surgery. I had surgery on July 7th. I increased my water and walked a little more to help me get past it.
  • asgumieny70
    asgumieny70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Amy and my surgeon has me tentatively scheduled for gastric sleeve in October. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. I have scanned the blogs that are out there hoping to get a response. Saw the RD yesterday. Boy have I got my work cut out for me. High protein diet, prefers no snacking, and 30 gm of CHO per meal.