November Week 1 Mini Challenges

luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Monday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Review your calorie intake and try to avoid empty calories such as food high in sugar. If you are a soda drinker make today a soda free day.
Cardio- go for a 30-45 minute brisk walk/ jog. Make sure to get your heart rate up.
Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)
Water- drink 2-3 litres of water today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Eat at least 6 times today. Have 3 main meals and 3 snacks of less that 100 calories each.
Cardio/strength- Do 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, and 10 lunges. Repeat this 4X's

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Substitute one bad choice in your diet with 1 or 2 good choices. (ie grapes instead of cookies, carrot sticks instead of chips)
Cardio- do an interval work out. start with 5 minute warm up, then alternate 30 seconds jog/run with 1 minute walk (at least 8 times)
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 push ups at your level

Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food- Carb Reduction. For one day cut your carbs in half and try to consume the majority of your carbs before your evening meal. Make sure they are good carbs.
Cardio- do a 30-45 minute cardio workout
Strength - do 10 standing dumbbell curls, 10 front arm raises, and 10 lateral raises. Repeat 4X's (you can find the videos on youtube)

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg.
Cardio- Do 30 - 45 minutes jump rope/stairs/jog on the spot etc. Anything that will get your heart rate up.
Strength- 10 squats, 10 rear lunge, and 10 diagonal lunge. Repeat 4X's

Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food- Make sure you are not snacking on bad foods. Keep your snacks healthy. (at least 2 fruits, 3 vegetables, nuts etc)
Cardio/Strength- Today is a good day to spend some time with loved ones. This may be your children, your parents, your siblings, your grand parents. Take a leisurely walk and enjoy life around you.

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food- make sure you are being honest with everything you consume.
Cardio/Strength- we all deserve a day of rest and relaxation so today is that day.

Please note that this is just a guide-line. I am by no means a professional in diet nor exercise and what I state here are things that I have learned and tried through my years long journey. Please go at your pace but make sure you challenge yourself. You will see results. This is all about supporting each other through some of the toughest days and celebrating our successes. Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a great week.

I would love to hear thoughts and suggestions for these challenges. Feeling like I am in a rutt and need to change things up.

Keep smiling ,
Donna

Replies

• khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Thank you for the attached mini challenges for the week! I am eager to give this a try :0)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Thank You, I printed this out and I'm ready for this week. Today is a little tricky as I have my sick little grand daughter (3) but I will figure out how to fit this in.
  • Thanks so much, Donna. I'm going to bookmark this page to my Bookmarks Bar right beside the spreadsheet so that it's handy. :)
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    I printed my week as well, and I really hope to accomplish it all! One foot in front of the other...
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Love these mini-challenges! Going to get those crunches done :D
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Mondays mini challenge done: 44 regular crunches, 44 bicycle crunches & 44 feet in the air and slightly lift your bum (I don't know what those are called....hehehe.....) and 45 min. walking to the hits with Leslie Sansone, HIIT training. Ready for tomorrow. :D;)
  • Question - does anyone know what lunges are called in the exercises so that they can be entered? I searched for "lunges" & "lunge," but no results. Thanks in advance for an answer to this. :)