How are you losing????

Options
Hi,
I had my Sleeve at the end of Nov. Not losing quickly and have hit some stalls already. Just want to see where I stand compared to everyone and to see if my food intake is right!

30 lbs since Nov 24th.

I would love any tips from you guys!

Replies

• aliibambam
    aliibambam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How much did you start out at and what's your goal? I started out at 230 and now I'm 203 and I got it this month.
  • amylhatch5
    amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sleeved Oct 30th. Started at 280 and am at 213 today. (67lbs). I lost a lot in the first 2-3 months (including 2 week pre op diet). These last few weeks have been creeping by though with only 1-2 (sometimes 3) pounds lost. Just make sure you are getting your protein and water in. :)
  • ckmeyers2001
    Options
    My Dr told me it varies by your starting wt. I started my 2wk pre-op at 380.6, surgery at 363.6 and this morning at 321.6 (total 59lbs in 10wks, 42lbs Post Op). My Drs Ofc has set goals for my post ops visits and so far, I have met both goals!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 10/16 and haven't been given any "goals" for weigh ins.
    Ckmeyers, do you ever feel anxiety when they give you a # to meet?
  • ckmeyers2001
    Options
    A little bit of anxiety but at the same time, it personally helps me too as it gives me some idea of where I should/shouldn't be. A friend of mine, who was about the same starting weight as me, had her sleeve 2wks before mine. She has lost close to double what I have so I was concerned I wasn't doing something right but once I spoke with the Dr and they gave me the wt "goals", it was more of a relief for me to know I am right on track.
  • loobz12
    Options
    I was sleeved 11th Jan including pre op diet I've lost 30lb I thought it would be a lot more keep stalling getting my protein and water in started out at 250 and I'm 5,4 I do gentle exercise 4times a wk sooo frustrating.
  • amylhatch5
    amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Down 82lbs in 5 1/2 months. Started at 280 and now at 198. I'm also 28.
  • marian9057
    marian9057 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve on 5/2 - lost 39 lbs so far - was worried not losing quick enough but had review appt last week and they were very pleased with my progress. Starting weight was 289lbs.
  • marian9057
    marian9057 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Should add 5 February -I'm in UK and just realised the date would be wrong way round for most of you :)
  • mandimariegarcia
    mandimariegarcia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2yrs and 4 months post op. SW: 212 LW: 128lbs CW 146lbs

Lost 84lbs but I am currently up about 20lbs. I'm not too thrilled about it, but I definitely do look healthier at my current weight. Looking back at pictures from a year ago and I look a bit frail. My goal is to lose 10lbs and begin weight training.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am two months post-op (had my sleeve done on Feb. 17). SW: 250 (from 5 days clear liquids pre-op), HW: 250, CW: 210.

When we're not having thunderstorms every day like we have this past week, I generally walk a mile and a half each day in my neighborhood and I just added some light dumbbells to hopefully keep from getting arm flap.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    started the year at 289, was 244.5 on day of surgery, 04/01/15 and was 219.5 on last weigh-in, 05/10/15. I try to weigh-in only once a week
  • Ranelle1969
    Ranelle1969 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am down 106 pounds, and I am 7 months post-op. I lost 40 pounds pre-op during the supervised two-month diet.
    HW 340 SW 300 CW 234
    My dietician says I should be a little further along, but I hit a stall at 5 1/2 months out and didn't lose anything for nearly 5 weeks.
  • chavezalexandra1373
    Options
    I am a year and 6 months post-op and have been about 152-156 from the last 6 months. My SW was 244 and I was 152 by my 1 year appointment. Lost most of my weight in the first 6 months. Still trying to lose 20 more, but no luck...
  • edhcah
    edhcah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jacqbult wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had my Sleeve at the end of Nov. Not losing quickly and have hit some stalls already. Just want to see where I stand compared to everyone and to see if my food intake is right!

30 lbs since Nov 24th.

I would love any tips from you guys!

You might not be eating enough? Your body has gone through so many changes and is trying to compensate. You need to get like 1200 calories in there - and keep them mainly from protein. If you don't get enough good calories your body is just going to burn away your existing muscle and that will slow your metabolism, too.

I'm down 90lbs from Dec 2015 without any exercise (just started weight training today). I keep my protein very high, drink tons of water, and make sure my calorie intake is in the 1300 range. I, too, have hit a few weeks of just 2lbs loss or even 1lbs, but that's normal while your body adjusts.

Good luck :)