Hair Loss

Options
amylhatch5
amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
Ok friends! I naturally have thin hair. Recently, it has been coming out by the brush full every time I wash it (every two days). I heard that we lose 5%-15% during the first 6 months, but I feel like I am losing more. :( Does anyone have experience with this? I know it will grow back, but my hair grows so slow already. I am sad about it!

Replies

• ktpie76
    ktpie76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Look it up online. I looked into that before surgery cuz it is a concern. I am only telling you to research it because there is a supplement you can take in addition to more protein but I can't remember the name.
  • amylhatch5
    Options
    Yeah, I have researched it quite a bit. I was just wondering about other people's experiences. I take biotin (which I think is what you are referring to), but it really only helps if you have a deficiency. I'm just doing what i can and hoping for the best! Lol
  • garnet1981
    garnet1981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went through major hairloss at about 5 months out. I'm still recovering. I had to force myself to get all my protein. I also tried really hard to take care of the hair I did have. I had long hair and ended up having to cut it off chin length since what was left was thin and dried out. It is growing back, but I have noticed it grows slower and is just generally different.
  • Dutchie848
    Dutchie848 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I take Biotin to help! I've lost about 2/3 of the thickness of my hair and I'm thankful I had a lot of hair! It comes out by the brush full, and I'm 6 months after surgery. The biotin helps a little
  • amylhatch5
    Options
    My hair loss seems to be slowing down a lot. I'm 5 1/2 months out. Hopefully this is the end of it! My hair is see through on top. I can see my scalp. :(
  • hbraman
    hbraman Posts: 4
    Options
    I am about six months post surgery and I have lost a ton of hair too :'( I take my Biotin, all my vitamins and get as much Protein in as I can. I feel like it's slowed down a bit. I also cut my hair chin length right after surgery to help with the hair loss. It has grown a bit since then but it has definately slowed down. I'm hoping it thickens up soon.....
  • Ranelle1969
    Ranelle1969 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I began having significant hair loss about 3 months post-op. I am 7 months post-op and it has slowed down. I never had any bare spots or really thin spots, I could just tell that my hair was thinner. I would find hair everywhere. But it seems to have slowed down quite a bit now. I take a daily dose of Biotin 5000.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    well at 7 months after surgery I'm bald.

oh wait, I was bald before the surgery too