Help! Not feeling well

Options
Hello all! I was sleeved 9/17/14 I have been doing pretty good up until the last few days. I have lost a total of 93 pounds. I am not really trying to loose anymore just trying to maintain. I have never experience dumping syndrome so I am not sure if this is what is happening or not. I ate some of my son's halloween candy on Saturday and Sunday. I did not feel well after just kind of yuck like I shouldn't have eaten it. I have also been breaking out into a sweat (which is very odd because I have been being cold natured lately) and feel clammy. I just got my labs back from my one year appointment back in September and they said my vitamin D was high so to stop taking it and my Bilirubin was also high to follow up with my primary care doctor. I am going to see him tomorrow. I am getting ready to turn 38 years old so I don't think I am going through the change yet. Has anyone else experienced this and can offer any words of advise? My cycles have also been way off every since my surgery. TIA

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Yup. Too much sugar will do the same thing to me, I feel almost sick to my stomach. By the way, I'm 4.5 years out. One more thing, I've found that the more of that kind of thing I eat, the easier it is, so don't push it or your natural restriction to sugary food will go away. Personally I like having it because I tend to avoid candy, cake, sugary stuff for this very reason.
  • shortypage1123
    shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks! How long does it take you to get over it? I was also wondering if it could be from the amount of Splenda I had in my system. I made some decaf tea this weekend with splenda and drank quite a bit this weekend. Anyone had an issue with that?
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat things with too much sugar alcohols I feel that way. I use Stevia a lot now for my tea or decaf coffee now, because when I use Splenda I feel gassy and kinda cruddy with an upset tummy, not sure if it's exactly the Splenda or not, but I try to avoid it now...I've heard of people having slight reactions to it..so it may be something you just don't tolerate well. I hope you're feeling better now
  • gardendoc
    gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've found that since my VSG that too much sugar puts me to sleep.