Keeping on track

Options
I've been for lack of a better word, dieting for about a month now and lost 11lbs (woohoo) from my highest weight. Problem is my husband likes to eat out. And it's hard to stay focused when not cooking is dangled in my face. How do you guys keep on track when not everyone in your immediate family is trying lose weight?

Replies

• Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I avoid eating out because i just fail i never choose the healthy option.
    I plan my own meals and eat different meals to the rest of the family somedays, others they have healthy with me, but when they have high calorie dinners i just cook my own. I also get my own low calorie treats so i don't feel left out or get tempted to have the odd cake. Its take some getting used to but its the best way to strengthen your will power.. just not strong enough eat out yet lol
  • asl85
    asl85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do the same as veeedot. Also when I'm ordering at a restaurant I try to think of what I would be eating if I were at home for that meal and do the best I can to match it in both quantity and quality. That includes asking for sauce on the side, grilled not fried, etc.
  • jkner4
    jkner4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also find that eventually, my husband starts to see the changes I'm making and makes some of his own. I'm not saying it's huge, but he has recently started walking in the evenings.
    At restaurants, I find they are usually willing to sub fries for a vegetable. You just need to ask. That's a trick that makes it a little easier on me.
  • Shie02
    Shie02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If we eat out I try to choose healthier options, salad, skinless chicken, burger without the bun.. ect
  • Healthy_chick15
    Healthy_chick15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the same as others as posted: end up cooking different meals...although, my hubs is starting to just eat what i eat. If he wants different, he gets his own food and by then, im too full to want anything else... aka bad. Its been a long journey though, and i find solace in having healthy leftovers. If i make a meal, i cook enough for 3 meals. I also, never buy junk food. My willpower is just not that strong.