Welcome - Where you are from and your goals...

Options
DeeJayD2015
DeeJayD2015 Posts: 53 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Hello folks. Please spread the word and let's build a nice group and community for ourselves here. Thoughts, ideas and suggestions welcomed.

How about everyone say what county they are from and their current goals?

Replies

• DeeJayD2015
    Options
    I will start - I am from Hudson County. I moved here from NY about 1 year ago.
    -
    - My current goals are to lose about 25 lbs and get fit/healthy. And make new friends!!!! :smiley:
  • bleanbeef
    bleanbeef Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm from Gloucester County - West Deptford. Trying to get back on the grind, had some great success here but fell off the wagon, hard lately.
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sean, and I live in Bergen County. My goal is to lose another 127 lbs. I've already lost 73 lbs, so I'm almost half way to my goal from when I first started.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Maura. I am originally from Monmouth County but now living in Hudson County.

My Goals:
    -Consistent logging, making healthier choices in general, staying within calorie goal as much as possible
    -Focus on regular running routine (4-5 days a week) to improve my running (endurance and/or speed)
    -Lose approximately 1 lb per week; 50-60 lbs overall.
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Barbara also from Hudson County.
    I am a mom of a beautiful 3year old and I haven't been this weight/ size since high school. When my daughter was one I lost 50 lbs but then gained 10 back. Last winter I lost those 10 and now I am 3 lbs away from my original goal. Now that I am there I would like to lose an extra 10.
  • DeeJayD2015
    Options
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Barbara also from Hudson County.
    I am a mom of a beautiful 3year old and I haven't been this weight/ size since high school. When my daughter was one I lost 50 lbs but then gained 10 back. Last winter I lost those 10 and now I am 3 lbs away from my original goal. Now that I am there I would like to lose an extra 10.

Hi Barbara - Excellent achievements! Nice to meet you. :)
  • DeeJayD2015
    Options
    maura1110 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Maura. I am originally from Monmouth County but now living in Hudson County.

My Goals:
    -Consistent logging, making healthier choices in general, staying within calorie goal as much as possible
    -Focus on regular running routine (4-5 days a week) to improve my running (endurance and/or speed)
    -Lose approximately 1 lb per week; 50-60 lbs overall.

Sounds like a good plan Maura! :)
  • DeeJayD2015
    Options
    Medivh73 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Sean, and I live in Bergen County. My goal is to lose another 127 lbs. I've already lost 73 lbs, so I'm almost half way to my goal from when I first started.

Congrats on your progress so far! Looking forward to seeing you work towards your goal! :)
  • DeeJayD2015
    Options
    bleanbeef wrote: »
    I'm from Gloucester County - West Deptford. Trying to get back on the grind, had some great success here but fell off the wagon, hard lately.

I've been there too. Having support and connections and making it fun I think is important. :wink:
  • Kagrizzo
    Kagrizzo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from Atlantic County and my goal is to loose 40-50 lbs. I'm down 14 so far. But 15 is usually where I plateau.. Looking to stay active as I approach that hurdle.
  • musteatlesscookies
    Options
    Hi, from Morris County! I am hoping to fit back into my jeans that I have refused to give away for the past 15 years or so. I don't care if they are no longer in style, I just want to get back into them!
  • Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    Warren county!
  • ongarod
    ongarod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Northern Burlington county here. Trying to gain 10 lbs of muscle by Christmas.
  • jpm973
    jpm973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello from Sussex County. I'm trying to lose 100+ lbs. I started (again) on Monday and I'm feeling more motivated then ever (so much so that I'm putting it down in writing).
    My goals are:
    to loss 150 lbs
    Go to the gym 6 times a week
    Record my food everyday
    Stick to a healthy eating plan (I don't like the word diet)
    And to eventually be happy with my body.

• fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    From Monmouth County....just trying to get in shape and be healthy
  • jbrad892015
    jbrad892015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Ocean County, goal is to get a more toned and fit body. Been on this app for a few months and like it very much!
  • devidasa40
    devidasa40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm from Monmouth County. Gained about 40 pounds in 4 years. Stress, medication and just plain eating and drinking too much. Today is day one of logging here. Happy to see some NJ folks around.
  • smittenkitten829
    Options
    Hi! I am from Monmouth County, I am trying to lose about 80lbs (seems so daunting..) and just be healthy overall. Ideally I would love to be able to run a 5k, right now I can't even run a half of a mile. My daughter does cross country so I would like to be able to go on runs with her for practice.
  • JLafferty4554
    JLafferty4554 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm From Camden County. Started this journey last year and was on and off of it. with the start of 2016 I hit my highest weight ever and something needed to change. i committed myself to do this for my wife and kiddos and to make myself feel better. I'm always looking to meet new people to be friends with, chat and encourage!
  • praval1983
    praval1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am from Jersey City. Love to walk, run, ride bike and play volyball. From 146 I am trying to loose 10 lb to get perfect BMI body and then maintain healthy lifestyle with that weight.

Got Jawbone Up3 ready for dual. You can find me with name Pranav Raval.