Getting Sick!

Options
istarith
istarith Posts: 71 Member
I feel incredibly silly.

Yesterday I was feeling sluggish and not up to my usual self, and today I woke up with a nasty sore throat that didn't go away. I looked at my throat when I got got home from work and saw all kinds of red and white bumps: what I'm sure the doctor will tell me tomorrow is strep throat! Yikes! The reason I feel silly is that I had already eaten my calories for the day when I checked my throat, and found myself shivering in a warm blanket, trying to rationalize the calories in an orange juice or a mug of broth...

Ladies and gentlemen: If you get sick between now and 2016 (likely you inevitably will), for the love of God, it's a diet. Put it on pause for a day and eat whatever your body needs. If what your body needs is more calories to fight off illness, don't feel guilty about it; taking care of your health is more important than dropping pounds. Take care of yourself!

This has been a group service announcement from the sickly discomfort of my warm blanket ball :*

Replies

• curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes well said! I got sick last week and still ended up losing 1 lb.

Get well soon!
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes! Certainly don't deprive yourself when you need it the most!
  • neetneet46
    neetneet46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So true, well said ! Get well soon !
  • tvreruninvasion
    tvreruninvasion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm SUPER sick, 2nd day missing work and I can't stop eating salty foods to comfort my sore throat :/ hopefully it'll be over and I can get back on track tomorrow..
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! Feel better soon!! Getchu some fruits and proteins, lady!
  • tvreruninvasion
    tvreruninvasion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Protein is a good idea for helping with my salt craving haha. Thank you!! :) I'm hoping I'll be back to work tomorrow and can get my diet back on.