Meal Planning

Options
laurenlmt
laurenlmt Posts: 141 Member
Meal planning is a difficult thing. OK its not but for me it is because I am lazy and I usually forget my list at home anyways when I go to the store. How do you meal plan? Do you make a chart? Where do you go to for recipes? How do you prepare your meals for the week?

Replies

• calistizo619
    calistizo619 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where to start either. I'm in the hospital 12 hours a day and when I get home sometimes I just want to eat a pack of cookies...I need something more sustainable...help?
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have various go to meals which are easy to cook, healthy, filling and adaptable. Examples are 100g of meat (chicken, fish or venison) grilled with spices, steamed veggies and either air fried chips or sweet potato fries. Breakfast is either eggs (with bacon or mushroom or peppers or cheese or a combination) or oats (with cranberries, coconut milk, cocoa and cinnamon). Lunch is protein or fat (avo) and veggies and snacks are fruit, yogurt, nuts, dark chocolate and biltong. I make sure my house is stocked with these kind of ingredients and that reduces the options for choosing rubbish. I live alone, so don't have to keep other options for other people. As I get back into my training program, I do find that I eat less unhealthy options, so I am very happy to be able to train again after knee surgery.
  • calistizo
    calistizo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ujg33ysa63rn.jpg

I made this today. Recipe is in my diary :-) I bought TupperwAre from big lots, microwavable and bpa free.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. I spent a couple of hours doing similar prep yesterday.
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    I tried to make my meals the night before this week and it really helped out my crazy mornings. I also packed my gym bag and laid out my clothes so I could focus on making my breakfast and getting out the door less frazzled
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    I also planned out my meals for the week before I went shopping on Sunday.