Before and After

Options
ickybella
ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
This will be where we post our Before after stats and/or pictures. You don't have to post here, but feel free. I'll post later when I've taken a picture, but here is what I think we should do:

First name:

Location: (You don't have to be too specific. For instance, I will just say "Ohio")

Weight: (If you feel comfortable sharing this)

Height: (Again, if you feel comfortable)

Goal for the program: (Lose weight, get fit, make all your exes cry)

Special diets or dietary needs:

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge:

Hobbies/anything we should know about you:

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yay ickybella is my favorite~

I'm Sarah, in Arizona. I'm 5'4" (163cm) and right now 170 pounds (77kg). My goal is to get fit again so I am not pooped all the time. Getting fit at this point has to involve losing weight, so there's that.

OH I FORGOT: Special dietary needs - I have been STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to reduce my sugar intake. But also, I now have braces on my teeth and will have them until May 2017. Right now, the braces and my teeth are fit in such a way that I cannot close my mouth. I can't chew. At all. So it is liquid or puree diet for me. I've been processing 'real food' and eating that.

Other exercise: Until Dec 9 my school placement is at a hospital, so I walk, A LOT. Or I don't! It is all dependent on the patients that day. I like to hope I can use the placement to walk more, but it doesn't always happen.
    Other other exercise: I get a little walking in going to the bus stop and back since I no longer use my car to get to and from school.

I am a graduate student (almost done, May 2016!) studying to be a speech-language pathologist. I was really depressed last year, so I was told to take up a hobby I once loved. I did that - drawing! So now I draw in my 'free time' which is really time I have to put aside specifically to do this. I'm making a webcomic and it is getting dangerously easier to love than being an SLP...

rocj9ckqnf29.jpg
    6tuwpokj8i6j.jpg
    Please enjoy my dancing dog.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    First name: Traveler
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Height: 5'5"
    Goal: Lose 10 lbs and increase upper body strength
    Diet: I do a plant-based diet which is high carb and low fat. It's helped me lower my previously high cholesterol. I eat about 1700-2000 calories.
    Other stuff I'll be doing: Cycling, spinning, rowing, swimming.
    Hobbies/anything we should know about you: I have the luxury of time at the moment so I'm going to experiment with a lot of exercise and see how fast I can drop the weight. I'll pretend I'm a professional athlete whose job is to work out. To be on the safe side, I'll keep things low impact so no running.
  • dhygirl
    dhygirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer, I'm a dental hygienist in GA. I'm 5'5" and weigh 157.5. My goal is to be 150 by Christmas eve. I'd like to be stronger and more tone. Especially my arms. I don't have a special diet, just limit carbs and try to stay under 1500 calories. I enjoy dancing workouts and yoga, but like being challenged in new exercise routines. As far as hobbies, I really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I love shopping and will park at one store and walk to one end of the shopping center and back again. I also love riding on the back of a Harley so need to look good sitting down! I'd post a before pic but not sure how. I'm on my phone if anyone wants to help me out
  • valentinaruns
    valentinaruns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First name: Valentina

Weight: 233 lbs

Height: 5'6"

Goal for the program: Lose weight, get stronger

Special diets or dietary needs: Low sodium; trying to eat more fruits and veggies

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge: Running

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to do this challenge! I have done the 30DS but have never made it past the first level and I think that this group will give me the accountability that I need to stick it out! I am currently down about 50 pounds and want to lose another 60 or so. I had been doing C25K for 6 weeks or so before I got off track so I will also be getting back into that. I also want to start doing yoga in hopes that it will help me feel less stressed :) By the end of this challenge I'm aiming to lose 15 pounds.

I can't wait to start this challenge and look forward to getting to know you all! :)
  • zedee25
    zedee25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First name: Dee

Weight: 160
    Height: 5' 5"

Goal for the program: ideally, lose 10 lbs (or more) :) minimum, i need to lose at least 4 before xmas for a challenge happening at work ( gain no more than 2% of current weight over the holiday season, bonus prizes for those who lose more than 2% in that time!)

Special diets or dietary needs: i avoid dairy generally, i tried paleo and primal, and they worked pretty well for me, but bread/pasta free is REALLY difficult, so i'm going to try to avoid those carby sugary foods (as much as possible, i mean it is cookie & pie season afterall!)

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge: i'm going to try to go to the gym as well and get in some extra cardio a few days a week (treadmill run/walk, elliptical etc).

Hobbies/anything we should know about you: i dont have a lot of hobbies besides tv watching, reading, and listening to podcasts on my commute. (all sitting on my tushie related activities unfortunately!! :( )
  • ickybella
    Options
    First name: Isabella

Weight: 196.4

Height: 5'7"-5'8" I don't really know which.

Goal for the program: Get back in shape, feel comfortable in my skin. I feel like I am the fit person I used to be, and I don't recognize the person I see in full-length mirrors.

Special diets or dietary needs: So many. I have a digestive disease, and I'm a vegetarian. I also can't eat hard foods like granola, cereal, or stringy/tough foods (like celery and dried fruit). I am not supposed to eat too many raw veggies, but I don't eat meat and dairy hurts me, so besides grains and cooked veggies, I'm not really left with much. I do eat raw veggies sometimes.

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge: I have recently started walking during my lunch breaks, and I will probably incorporate some kettlebells into this, because I love kettlebells.

Hobbies/anything we should know about you: I'm a full-time college student and I have three part time jobs. I also have a boyfriend, and I do volunteer work. I'm an aspiring writer, so I write a little bit of my novel every couple of days. I'm busy.

I work as a writing tutor and office assist at the college I attend. I'm also a 1st Step Pro Wellness ambassador. I love writing/English/reading/general introversion.

My digestive disease is an autoimmune (chronic) condition called Ulcerative Colitis. It's an invisible illness, so I look fine, but I am often in pain, always exhausted, and my hair is falling out. My illness makes it hard for me to even maintain a healthy weight--forget gaining weight. However, my medication makes me continue to gain weight, and it's winning at this point. I've gained 40-50 pounds over the last year or so, and I am just completely unhappy about it. I also stopped working out, though, and this challenge should help fix that!
  • ickybella
    Options
    It's really nice reading everyone's before posts. Feel free to add me! I started this group and would love to have as many friends as possible to keep me in check lol.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,326 Member
    Options
    First name: Chris

Weight: 140.0

Height: 5'7"

Goal for the program: Lose 10 pounds by Christmas...make it through Thanksgiving having dinner w/our daughter's MIL's. I lost 60 pounds 11 years ago but 10 pounds have creeped back on, and I'm not liking it much.

Special diets or dietary needs: Low sodium; I eat fruits, veggies, beans, chicken...no processed food.

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge: I walk w/DH and our grandpuppy; get on the recumbent bike 5-6 days a week; DD and I workout at the gym 2-3 times a week.

Hobbies/anything we should know about you: Retired this year w/DH and I'm loving it!! We exercise in the morning then I help out in my daughter's 1st grade classroom. She teaches 29 little kids how to read, spell and write. Her kids are a total riot!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    First name: Socajam

Weight: 187

Height: 5'3"

Goal for the program: Lose 10 pounds or more by Christmas.

Special diets or dietary needs: Low sodium; I eat fruits, veggies, beans, no chicken/meat or seafood, only salt water fish, no processed food. - At the moment I am hooked on chickpeas - used in smoothies, make chick peas scrambled.

I am doing calorie cycling: Tuesdays/Friday I normally eat 1200 calories, the other five days my calorie varies - for example Monday being 1500 . My total calorie for the week is 11,555. After two week I have lost 4 lbs

Other exercise programs used during the challenge: If the weather is good, I plan to do some walking and will incorporate Katy Smith's Step aerobics as well on the day when my calorie intake is high.

Losing weight for me is hard as I had my thyroid removed years ago.

This challenge will give me the motivation I need to exercise every day. I will be in NY from Thursday 27 thru Dec 2, so my exercise will be limited, but on my return will resume where I left off.
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi
    First name: Sumaiyyah

Weight: 58.8
    Height: 5'4

Goal for the program:Get fit and Lose weight

Special diets or dietary needs: Just trying to eat as healthy/clean as possible

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge: I recently completed C25K so I just run every other day.
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    First name: Bea

Weight: 165.2Lbs

Height: I think I'm 5,0" lol very short!

Goal for the program: I want to lose weight and get back down to my pre pregnancy weight(135) or even 125! But I'd like to lose 10 or so pounds by the end of this challenge and hope to keep going after! I want to lose weight for ME!!! I already have health issues and I just want to feel better! Not only about my appearance but how I feel fisically! Also so I can be more healthy!

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge:
    At home workouts!
    Hobbies/anything we should know about you:
    I am a 21year old female! Mom of 3 but I only had 2 kids from my body lol! I love my family! I'm not married but hope to be one day! I love just working and spending time with my hubby and my kids more than anything! I do have health issues as I have severe migraine that cause me to have small TIA's, I am the youngest in Colorado to actually have one at 17years old! And that's another reason I want to lose some weight to I feel like I would feel a lot better as I don't always feel myself! So I'm really hoping this works out and I can start shedding some pounds and to get at a healthy weight again! I just have to keep motivated and hope I can get friends on here to help me with that so I don't give up!!
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    First Name: Meghan
    Weight: 207.4 last time I weighted about 2 days ago
    Height 5'6 and 1/2. Yes the half matters

Goal for program: To get my lazy butt back in gear and fit back into my clothes. I lost 10lbs in 2014 and it all crept back on this year. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes again and not be disgusted by what I see in the mirror. I would LOVE to lose 20lbs and keep it off, for good. So sick of this lose/gain cycle.

I have a bad lower back that when I don't work out bugs me, which is all the time right now because I got lazy. I need to cut back on my bad food choices and stop drinking all the beer! Beer is a major downfall. Love it and my hometown is exploding with small craft brew places every freaking week. I need to get back in the habit of working out.

I can't run due to my lower back but walking and strength training are all good. I have signed up to the Flying Pig 1/2 marathon in May of 2016 so I have that as a goal to achieve. My goal every time I do it is to beat my time, even if by just a second. I have succeeded 2/3 times I have done it. The time I didn't beat my old time was because I was on the recovery from a really bad set back with my back so the fact that I could walk 13.1 miles was the achievement for the year.
  • ickybella
    Options
    Hey Meghan! So excited to see you here. :)
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bee. I need this, badly. I am also going to be doing t/th class from my gym. I'm hoping to use this site as a nice "keep your butt moving daily" so I have no excuse on I don't have anything planned. :D
  • ickybella
    Options
    vendygirl wrote: »
    Thanks Bee. I need this, badly. I am also going to be doing t/th class from my gym. I'm hoping to use this site as a nice "keep your butt moving daily" so I have no excuse on I don't have anything planned. :D

Great plan haha. I'll be using it for the same thing.
  • jmartin1219
    jmartin1219 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did the first day yesterday and MAN AM I SORE TODAY! I love Jillian's workouts, but it has been a LONG TIME!

First name: Jana

Weight: 152

Height: 5'6

Goal for the program: finally get this baby weight off. (he's two!) I have been on and off of my fitness pal for 4 years now. I lost 30 pounds initially and felt great, but after a health challenge in my family, a pregnancy and a move, I gained it all and then some. I got back on MFP in March this year and have been slowly making progress. Felt like at this point I needed to add some activity in and some accountability.
    Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge: I have a vivofit so I will be trying to get to 10k steps. I have an office job, so I have found that to be a challenge

• ickybella
    Options
    I did the first day yesterday and MAN AM I SORE TODAY! I love Jillian's workouts, but it has been a LONG TIME!

First name: Jana

Nice to see you here, Jana! The workouts are tough, but we're all going to be so fit when we see our families for the holidays.
  • pinkrunningjacket
    Options
    Hi Everyone I'm 3 days into Jillians Program.
    First name: Becca

Weight: 196

Height: 5'9

Goal for the program: Trying to build muscle

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge:I'm a runner I run 4-5 days during the week so I will be doing Jillian's program as my morning workout.

Hobbies/anything we should know about you: I'm a single mom of a 6 year old. I love to cook. I just took nearly a year off from serious exercise due to being diagnosed with cervical cancer which I beat! So now I am back and looking to lose the 30 pounds I gained plus the last 25 I want to lose! :#
  • ickybella
    Options
    Hi Everyone I'm 3 days into Jillians Program.
    First name: Becca

Weight: 196

Height: 5'9

Goal for the program: Trying to build muscle

Other exercise programs you'll be using during the challenge:I'm a runner I run 4-5 days during the week so I will be doing Jillian's program as my morning workout.

Hobbies/anything we should know about you: I'm a single mom of a 6 year old. I love to cook. I just took nearly a year off from serious exercise due to being diagnosed with cervical cancer which I beat! So now I am back and looking to lose the 30 pounds I gained plus the last 25 I want to lose! :#

Illness makes it hard to get back into losing weight, but good job getting back to it!