Listing the Victories

Options
paul87920
paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
So last time I posted, I was in a bit of a funk. I had been logging my calories for a year, and wondering if I could ever make it on my own. The answer I found is yes!

So, around mid-September I decided to give myself a break. I wasn't going to log. I wasn't going to think. I was just going to exist and give it a shot. I gained weight. I gained 0.4 lbs in almost two months. While it was a gain, it changed my perspective. I didn't put on 10. I didn't put on 20. I'm not back up another 100. While it slowed me down from reaching my goal, it showed me that when it comes time to maintain and take care of my goal weight that I can do it without getting back up that high ever again because I can make good choices on my own.

Early October, I took a flight to LaGuardia from Midway. I didn't need a seat belt extender. What the hell? Am I right? How awesome is that?

It also dawned on me that last Thursday when I went to my All Time Low/Sleeping With Sirens concert that not only did I not have a single worry about seat size or how long I'd be standing, but I was also able to sit next to my friend without feeling like I was crowding them.

Last but not least, progress picture, because well, I have a shopping addiction, and I freaking love my new shirt.

91fwlxn0i5fv.jpg

Replies