The effects of Aunt Flo on Weight Loss

Options
curves2j
curves2j Posts: 144 Member
TMI I know- but I wanted to get your experience to see if that is what is happening to me....

During this journey- that time of the month has not interfered meaning hasn't slowed my weight loss. That is until now- Now I know I am smaller and it gets harder to loose. But Aunt Flo hadn't been a problem previously. This time around- It has caused my weight loss to stall. I am still 1 day before my expected start date so that could be why. But have you guys had this happen?

do you go back to loosing after aunt flo comes?

what's your weight loss experience with it?

Replies

• ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience as far as it's never been a problem up until the past couple of months. Maybe it was because I was bigger and never really noticed how bloated I actually get? It's pretty drastic though! I typically end up "gaining" 2-3 pounds over the course of it just from that I'm assuming. Once it's said and done and a couple of days pass, I'm back to my normal weight or lower.
  • curves2j
    Options
    sigh... men are so lucky!
    makes sense- I just have to stay on it then! :)
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, for SURE you bloat. That is absolutely a thing.

It's not actual WEIGHT, though; my husband calls it "scale noise;" your lady-body is retaining water during this period. There's so much happening hormonally, there's so much physically coming out of you, and your body is on lockdown. I think I've only ever known one person who was even capable of losing weight on her period. Almost all of that weight you're seeing during the week that you are unable to "drop" is just water you're hanging onto for dear life! :)

See, I have the opposite problem: it isn't water that's being retained, it's the CHOCOLATE I'm eating... o.O
  • curves2j
    Options
    lol @istarith - oh the CHOCOLATE hmm.... I miss that but then again I don't Chocolate addict over here so I stay clear and away!