Marvel's Jessica Jones on Netflix Nov 20th

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
New Netflix series coming Nov 20th that takes place in the same MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) as the Daredevil Netflix show. I don't know much about the character. She has some powers, enhanced strength is one of them, and is a private investigator for hire.

Here's a YT vid talking about her background from the comic book perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D0w2WjxVYo

and 2 official Netflix trailers with more information

trailer 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIeaK7fkR-c

trailer 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKOvoYXDB5w

I enjoyed the Daredevil Netflix series and was already planning on watching this. I got more excited when I found out that Jessica's arch nemesis, the Purple Man, is being portrayed by Dave Tennant best known for being the Tenth Doctor on BBC's Doctor Who show. It's going to be interesting to see him as a bad guy. Anyone else plan on seeing this?

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I thought the previews looked really good. Plus, I really like dark story lines, so I will definitely be watching this series.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it, plus most of my shows will be on break at that time.. so it's perfect.
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Really looking forward to it, the trailers have looked great and I think the Marvel Netflix series will just go from strength to strength!
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think it's going to be good. Netflix did really well with Daredevil so I have faith. Makes for good binge watching when everything's on hiatus
  • Francl27
    Options
    Watched the pilot. A bit slow to start, but it looks good.
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    OMG I totally forgot about when it would be premiering, turned on Netflix tonight, and it was there <3 trying really hard to not power through all the episodes because I know I won't have anymore to watch for a while when they're done. I'm hooked
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I totally binged watched it. I have no restraint, lol.
  • Frozenmango
    Options
    Right there with you Bovaryoo. The best I did was watch it over 2 days, but I knew there was no way I'd last for weeks.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I wish I could, but my husband wants to see it, so we can only watch at night when the kids are in bed, and we had to clear our DVR because we're switching cables tomorrow... I'm guessing we'll get to episode 3 sometime this week, lol (and we're away this week end too. Bummer).
  • hemmymomma
    hemmymomma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it so far !! I've been watching a couple a night ( if I don't fall asleep ). I think I have 1 more episode left. Love it !
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Anyone know when the next season comes out?
  • Frozenmango
    edited December 2015
    Options

Not until late next year. Daredevil Season 2, Luke Cage, and The Punisher are next in line for next year. Jessica should be after that.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Finished it recently. I enjoyed it very much. Not as action packed as the Daredevil series but still good. I think David Tennant does a great job being a bad guy. I liked who they picked as a actor to play Luke Cage.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Not until late next year. Daredevil Season 2, Luke Cage, and The Punisher are next in line for next year. Jessica should be after that.

The Punisher didn't show up on their recently posted listing of upcoming shows. I saw "Luke Cage" & more "Daredevil" "Jessica Jones" source:https://pr.netflix.com/WebClient/loginPageSalesNetWorksAction.do?contentGroupId=10571

"Iron Fist" might not be out until 2017, and Punisher has been a confirmed character in "Daredevil: Season 1" (As well as an unconfirmed cameo in "Season 1")

Regardless, Netflix is doing fantastic with these new shows, and I look forward to seeing the expanding MCU.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Finally finished it last night, so good!
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    On Episode 11 and loving it - I really appreciated the 'Jillian Michaels 30 day shread changed her life' comment to explain her stregnth !! haha !!
  • Francl27
    Options
    parfia wrote: »
    On Episode 11 and loving it - I really appreciated the 'Jillian Michaels 30 day shread changed her life' comment to explain her stregnth !! haha !!

Lol yes. I don't think my husband got that reference though :p
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just finished Daredevil and Jessica Jones back to back, and OHMYGOD is Netflix doing amazing things. This show was fantastic! I adore Kristin Ritter, and she smashed it as JJ.
    Now I'm kind of mad that I binge watched it over 2-3 days.. :(
  • modestashegets
    modestashegets Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just finished Daredevil and Jessica Jones back to back, and OHMYGOD is Netflix doing amazing things. This show was fantastic! I adore Kristin Ritter, and she smashed it as JJ.
    Now I'm kind of mad that I binge watched it over 2-3 days.. :(

That just means you get to start over soon. :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    At least Daredevil season 2 will be out in 2 months...