Fitness Goals

KellyBgetsfit
KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
Today, I am 20 weeks and 3 days. I haven't been feeling well, so I haven't been working out. I am finally starting to feel better. I want to make sure I am getting enough exercise during the second half of my pregnancy. I thought it would be nice to have an accountability board. We could post our weekly goals and if we meet them.

My goal this week - 30 minutes a day of exercise
Sat-50 minutes of walking

Replies

• jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    My goal today is to do any kind of exercise at all.

By the way I am 30 weeks.

I hope you meet your goal.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I am 24 weeks. My goal is to continue lifting 2-3x per week and at least 2 days of cardio. It's hard because I am chasing after a toddler and I am so exhausted lately!
  • mustikas6
    mustikas6 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello ladies, how is it going with your fitness goals? I will join you in. I’m aiming for 30 min of exercise 5 times a week starting from today. I’m 18 weeks now.
    I used to work out before getting pregnant and at the very beginning of pregnancy, but then my energy levels went really down and I wasn’t feeling well (and ate way too much) until couple of weeks ago. Now that I’m feeling well again I shouldn’t have any excuse not to work out.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    I seem to have a good week, then a lazy week. I have noticed my hormones go a little crazy on during my off week, so I am hoping to have more on weeks. I just got a strength training DVD that I really like. Hopefully, I can do better about using it!
  • mustikas6
    mustikas6 Posts: 16 Member
    @KellyBgetsfit What is the strength training DVD called? I have been doing (on and off) Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred level 1 (with some modifications), but it is getting a bit boring.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Sorry for the delay. I never have the dvd by my computer. It's called Prenatal Physique with Leah Saraganto. Each segment is broken up into 15 minutes. The 5 minute warm up is and 15 minute stretch is seperate. I also have Slim and Toned and Long and Lean with Suzanne Bowen, but I haven't tried them yet.

I really want to commit to 30 min a day but I keep slacking!
  • KimmyKicksAss
    KimmyKicksAss Posts: 60 Member
    I am almost 12 weeks pregnant. Been going lifting 3x a week and cardio kickboxing (no sparring) 2x a week. I've had to severely decrease (50%) the weights, especially for squats and deadlifting. I hope to keep it up throughout pregnancy. I've already missed a couple of workouts here and there but still going strong.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    mustikas6 wrote: »
    @KellyBgetsfit What is the strength training DVD called? I have been doing (on and off) Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred level 1 (with some modifications), but it is getting a bit boring.

If you are looking for a similar type of workout DVD Joy Southworth's "Body by Trimester" is amazing. You can find it on Amazon.