Chat and Accoutnability 15-21 Nov

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
https://www.facebook.com/22Minutes/videos/10153223873393339/

Not sure if this will work for those who do not do facebook But Just gonna leave it here...

Happy Sunday Folks.

Replies

• heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Kris, thank you for sharing <3 I hope now that you know what you have you can better address it.
    Yeah, I've heard of ailment specific diet, it works well for many people because the majority of the American diet is not the best and their body is constantly inflamed. Healing starts with the gut because our gut absorbs so much and produces hormones. Chinese medicine calls the gut "Qi" or "Chi". and when the Qi is not balance, it cause a ripple effect. Heal the gut, heal the body :)
    Keep us updated.
    Amy, brag away! And yes, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I am a "health enthusiast" so I know how those "unsuccessful plans" can go. Case in point, I'm still trying to finish 1 round of altshift. LOL The 2nd day of my low fat lower calories day consists of dining at a nice Austrian restaurant with imported European beers on the menu. EVERYTHING in that restaurant is made in house. So, no, I'm not going to do "no sugar, no grain, no alcohol" instead I had fun with my man and my friends. I still want to give the altshift a good try but I'm not going to be a hardcore "NS, NG, NA= no fun" lifestyl since I don't have any serious dietary or health issues. :p

I did a fitness blender kettlebell workout last Friday and I was proud of myself for stopping with one last round left. I know I could finish it but I was feeling some strain so I did yoga instead. The old me would have push it and hurt myself.

Since my last big slip I haven't been able to get my weight back down, instead its on a slow incline, am I worried, heck yeah!, am I going to stress and panic? Nope! I am however going to be really diligent with my food choices. I am so far from the goal I set out for this year which is to lose LAST year's holiday weight. LOL But, my knee is healed and I have come so far with self acceptance of my body. So yay!

John, the angry yoga is funny! LOL
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Kevin! Great to see you around these parts :smile:

Amy, Thanks for sharing that pride for your family. Wonderful! My dad was a Marine in the late 50s, stationed in Hawaii. Most of his stories revolve around recon training and being dropped into the ocean for days or his spending far too much time in the brig for getting into bar fights. Seems you couldn't take the Detroit streets out of him. haha I was really close to joining after high school, but at the last minute picked up and moved to Texas. My heart still wishes I had joined :( Thanks for the support. It does make a huge difference letting go of the fear and stress of it all. Still haven't set up my CT scan. Gulp! Planning to do it after this weeks business trip. Things will be more settled. It is beautiful that you are being kinder and more accepting of yourself. That is huge!!!

John, Love that yoga gal. I need to do her routine. The mix of giggles and a workout is perfect! Great job going strong with the workouts and spirit. Inspiring!

Kelly, Surviving is a major accomplishment in my book! Woohoo! It means you are still in the game. :smiley: It is pretty much what I have been doing and proud of it. The groove is waiting for me!

Heron, Thanks a bunch for all of the support. I read of two diets. One is a high fat one and the other is somewhat the opposite. Totally believe in the chi center. Applies to many things. Was fascinated by it when I was doing Tai Chi and Kung Fu. On a side note, I was thinking of joining a local Falun Dafa group for practice in the park. I used to practice it years ago. Way to go listening to your body. Just like I said to Amy, it is huge! Learning from you ladies. The weight could just be a temporary ebb and flow thing. I noticed that my body has felt different the last couple days because the diet was slipping. I notice it in my gut. Big time bloat. Following your lead and readjusting, rather than stressing. I was checking out that AltShift diet and may give it a go. I saw that they had a Facebook group, although me and FB have yet to jive. I have pretty much just kept up with a few of you guys and posts from groups I follow. Call me a lurker!

As for me, I did a very short, old school Fitness Blender core routine and then did nothing Sat, Sun, and Mon. Not giving up. I was simply too exhausted. I have been falling asleep at around 8 every night. Feel bad because I am leaving for my business trip on Thursday and should be soaking up boyfriend time. I miss him like mad when I am away. The sweetie baked an apple pie and last night I woke up to get some cold water from the fridge and he had a piece of pie cut up and plated for me. Guess what I will indulge in tonight? YUM!

Not sure if this will post here since it came from Facebook, but check this little one out. Her burpees outshine mine:
    https://www.facebook.com/nick.nuzzolo/videos/912342551715/
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you. My workout of the day was 5X5 sets of Bench Press 115lbs and standing curls with my EZ Curl Bar 65Lbs. 900 lbs moved. Then 15 min stationary bike ride. 30 min total time in my fitness garage.

Heron and Kris good o on injury prevention listening to your body is becoming a lost art. IF you wait til it screams at you you are already to late.

I will be working with my adaptive athletes for the first half of my day, Have one MS patient and two dementia patients in the fitness center this afternoon. They are all 1:1 sessions. For upper body today I will work the MS guy on the Boxing mitts and heavy bag. He is in a wheel chair. One of my dementia patients was a college basketball coach and a prof of physiology so we have great talks during his work out. Getting him started on weights today and the other Dementia guy will be his initial assessment. Shaping up to be a great day.

Kris the Altshift FB page is a great support tool.

Keep[ up the good work folks.
  • heronh
    Options
    John, nice on the weights. And love mitts and bag work. If I ever have a home gym, a bag is definitely gonna be in it.

My workout was pretty fun today and not once was I thinking "arghhh how much longer!" http://youtu.be/Ol-jqCmpfr8
  • heronh
    Options
    No workout today, new young energetic Foster arrived today. But I felt like I did upper body workout when I was doing leash training. Lol
  • heronh
    Options
    Yay did my workout even though it was a stressful day! https://youtu.be/EgMttbIO3-s
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    WTG Heron!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Saturday Folks Off t participate in a Clinical Trial. Should be interesting.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Heron, maybe you've stumbled across the next workout trend...doggie leash training! :) Hope it's going well with your new foster. Will you post a photo of her or him?

Kris, yes I'm doing better with practicing self-compassion every day. I've found when I treat myself compassionately, I'm able to be more present in the moment. I used to feel like life was passing me by, and I don't feel that way so much anymore. I loved reading about your Dad. Having been a Marine...a Marine from Detroit!...I bet he tells the best stores, and they're the best cuz they're all real!

HJ, hope your study med (or placebo ;) is agreeing with you!
  • heronh
    Options
    Amy, yeah, I should start a YouTube workout series. He is a handful, it has been a stressful week trying to get him acclimated, intense trainings, intercepting potential fights. He couldn't be left alone unattended. Good news is that I think we turned a corner yesterday and he's finally starting to calm down where I can go to the bathroom without having to crate him.

I was all ready to work out today and I woke up and I can't turn my neck, arggggh! I think I slept wrong :( the pain got worse as the day went on, doing more leash training/long walks didn't help especially since all the small animals want to try "suicide by dog" by darting in front of the Foster. I thought my shoulder was going to pop when a squirrel landed in front of us then ran off, oh oh and I stepped on a rock, rolled my ankle and fell down. When I got home, I just laughed when I was trying to tell Arturo what happened. It's just one of those mornings.

High five on the self compassion thinking, most of us can be so hard on ourself! It's great to strive to improvement but I feel that true happiness is being content, having gratitude because we are breathing in a first world country.

I'm on my last day of the first round of the altshift. I'm not sure about it, I'm having a hard time not going over the fat, I guess I've been on LCHF for so long that eating low fat is going to take some re learning adjusting. Things just don't taste as good without little fat!
  • heronh
    Options
    fb78zmua3bvk.jpeg

My Foster- Lucas
  • heronh
    Options
    I gained 2lbs on the altshift lol
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get the strong urge to throw my scale across the room yet at the same moment I'm telling myself it must be water retention/too much sodium/muscle not fat. Hahah!
    Lucas almost has that devilish 'I know I'm handsome' glint in his eyes! What a cutie!
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks! and Happy Birthday to me.

Heron - Much thanks for the card. Made my day today, and Lucas is a Handsome lad. As for Alt Shift, I'd give it a few cycles. Don't forget to take measurements as well. I initially lost 15lbs in about three cycles then gained half back but my waist never gained any back. So now after 9 cycles I've lost 14lbs and 4.5 in off my belly. Sieb says it may take as much as 6 mos to see significant results. Looking back on my diaries st the beginning of my all this stuff (Oct 2011 I didn't keep a diary for the first 10 mos) its pretty much the way I was doing things when I lost the first 70 lbs but I was doing it 5/2. With some latitude. So once I got used to the carb days again it has started moving again. I guess it takes some Adaptation to become non adapted :)