Tell me this gets better!!

Options
akmomof7
akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
I am a veteran mom, but I have 10 week old twins and they are kicking my butt!!! How could you do this more than once?!? Today they have only napped for less than two hours each, and never at the same time! Feels like I am running around playing whack a mole and the poor 2 year old is just fending for himself.

I am not starting my diet plan until the first of December, but started some light exercise this week (I recovered well from my c section, but just started to feel like doing any sort of workout). I did squats this morning (holding a baby of course) and did planks (over top of baby lying on the floor). I hope dh and I can start trading off nights to use the treadmill!!

I am starting off at 169 pounds (4 pounds above where I started the twin pregnancy). And 24 pounds above my goal of 145. I am 43 years old, live in Alaska (so outside exercise isn't gonna happen until spring, unless dh will watch the munchkins!). I am mom to 7 total, oldest daughter is 27. Sons are 26, 20, 18, 2 and the twins, boy and girl are 2 months. I also have my first grandbaby, a little girl born 3 weeks after the twins!

Replies

• Annamae0512
    Annamae0512 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I have got
  • Annamae0512
    Annamae0512 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I have got to tell it does get easier eventually. But then when they're teething and it gets harder again. But I know how you feel dont give up it will get easier. We never planned on having 4 kids but what do you do when you only get pregnant twice have 4. For the first 6 months after the twins I did not have the energy to stay on a diet plan in between nursing and a late night or all nighters deppending on the twins moods. After the first set i got back to my normal self pretty quickly but i was only 20 then. Through the years i have put on the pounds and but I finally got to a point where I was heavier than I've ever been I started out being 159 and my goal is to be 135 well I was one 158 pretty pregnancy weight and then got back to 159. I have now got down to 148 and still have a ways to go. There are times when I feel like giving for sure!! Like when I get then both down for a nap then as soon as I start to exercise they wake up screaming or when the other two get home from school and start fighting and complaining while the other two start crying. But then I look in the mirror and I just say it I can't let this go any longer so often times after I get everybody to sleep at night I will get my exercise in. I'll do squats in between feeding them in their high chairs or is anything where I can get a little bit of extra exercise park at the last row in the store so you walk more.This app and a food scale have done wonders too. My biggest motivator is really thinking of how my kids will perceive me if I continue to let myself go and I don't want them to think that's acceptable for themselves. I know it just gets to a point where your you got to change up something. Stay strong and loves them babies it goes to fast
  • cchiar
    cchiar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It gets waaaaay better, and I know you are doing great!!! But I know what you're going through. The first three months my husband and I were in survival mode, the next two were a little better (think treading water but just barely keep our heads above), the next two were a little better still. We just hit 13 months and I can say honestly that it was worth it and I actually enjoy it now.
    I am only now getting back to the point that I can find time to cook meals (I've been living on freezer/canned/takeout/fast food for 13 months, and boy did it do a number on my energy level and weight. I was back to pre-pregnancy weight four weeks after the baby simply because I was breastfeeding and only eating one small meal a day (I did make time to pee at least twice a day back then). But when I went back to work I gained it all back quickly.
    I want to say don't push yourself, but that's not realistic! You are pushing yourself now to keep up with twins and a toddler. Just remember to make time for yourself, even if it is only a five minute walk around the block to clear your head and get some "selfish" movement into your day.