NSVs (Non-Scale Victories)

Options

Replies

• hmoehl70
    hmoehl70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1cand0it2 wrote: »
    My small jeans are getting loose and my impossible jeans almost fit!

Yay!
  • hmoehl70
    hmoehl70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! My fave red wool suit out of the archives today. 7 years ago was the last time it fit. Wore it today. Success kid :)

That's some real progress! Hope you felt fabulous wearing it :-)

Wow! That had to feel awesome!
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wore a size large shirt yesterday for the first time in many years! Also, my jeans fit much better, and so do my shirts.

Awesome!
    I have actually dropped 2 sizes of pants skinny jeans O.o ;ooooooo I tried on my regular size and noticed it was too big and so i took 2 jeans the smallest one i took fit perfectly :open_mouth:

Great job! Feels good, doesn't it?
    langda wrote: »
    Today's non-scale victory: I have advanced osteoarthritis in my left hip from carrying around all that weight all those years... When I first started this weight loss program I thought perhaps I would be able to put off hip replacement surgery by loosing the weight. While it has helped tremendously in so many different ways the damage is too far gone and I'm scheduled for surgery in early January.... BUT WAIT.. you say... HOW is this a victory? I CAN'T WAIT.... I am so anxious to have the range of motion and flexibility back in my hip so I can do all the things that I now could do.. ride a bike, kayak, hike into the Red Rock Cannon of Utah..... that feels like a victory to me :D

7yglzx6rquvy.jpg

That's a great outlook! I love Utah's canyons, too!

• iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    It's so wonderful to read about your NSV. You are inspirational :)
    My own this week is that I actually can see my collarbone again. It was "Hello, where have you been hiding for all these years" - moment. LOL
    It might seem to be very insignificant compared to all of you who have improved your health so you don't have to take medicines anymore, but a big thing for me. :)
  • Mnaminal
    Mnaminal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my husband asked me to help him get a tile saw up into the garage attic. I was able to get myself and the base of the saw (roughly 2' x 3' and ~30lbs) half way up the ladder and then push it over my head with one hand so he could grab it and pull it into the attic. I'm pretty sure that would have been a disaster a month ago.
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Although the scale is not moving I can fit into my size 12!! It's been 14 year since I've been able to get into that size :-)
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We had a retirement party at work today and I totally skipped taking a piece of cake.
    And it was EASY to say no!
  • treebek
    Options

It's so wonderful to read about your NSV. You are inspirational :)
    My own this week is that I actually can see my collarbone again. It was "Hello, where have you been hiding for all these years" - moment. LOL
    It might seem to be very insignificant compared to all of you who have improved your health so you don't have to take medicines anymore, but a big thing for me. :)

Collarbones are awesome :smiley: Congratulations!

• TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! My fave red wool suit out of the archives today. 7 years ago was the last time it fit. Wore it today. Success kid :)

That is awesome. Congrats!
  • TracyeS4
    Options

Nothing is impossible! Keep at it girl.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    missm2 wrote: »
    Although the scale is not moving I can fit into my size 12!! It's been 14 year since I've been able to get into that size :-)

I'm a little jealous, but happy for you!
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    missm2 wrote: »

I'm a little jealous, but happy for you!

Thank you
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    way to go everyone
  • treebek
    Options
    My pants are getting looser. They are my fat pants but at least they are not tight fat pants :smile:
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    I look at pictures and I feel good about them!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hip bones found. Healthy BMI, just under 22.
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    way to go
  • vsoffen
    vsoffen Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Excellent, well done
  • TracyeS4
    Options

Nice!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    I ran 7 miles today - a new record. Never would have imagined me doing that last year!