UPDATES!

Options
NicoleL874
NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
Let's hear from everyone! Either High Weight (HW), Surgery Weight (SW), Current Weight (CW), or just total lost if you're not comfortable giving those numbers (I'm still not)!

Also, when was surgery, what food stage you are in, any struggles? And, any NSV (Non-Scale Victories)????

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    And, I'll respond here. :smiley:

Ok, I lost 24 pounds prior to surgery (8/25 to 10/15), since surgery I'm down 25.8 pounds for a total of 49.8! SO CLOSE!

So yeah, surgery was 10/15 and I'm just starting soft foods. So far, so good. My biggest struggle has been at work. I always forget to NOT drink when I get back from break! It's an automatic habit and IT HURTS! If my tummy is full and I drink it has nowhere to go! Hopefully, I'll get it soon. At home it's not an issue because I keep all drinks at the kitchen counter until I can drink. Work, my space is limited!

NSV...I've gone down two sizes since surgery! And, before surgery I had a hard time walking just a 150 foot beach path in my neighborhood. I'm now up to 11k steps a day, and I've done 3.5 miles at once throughout my neighborhood! So yeah, movement is good!

Hope all is well with everyone!
  • GoDasher
    GoDasher Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Going back to mid July, what turned out to be three months before surgery, I lost 7 pounds on a "prove you can do it for 2 weeks" diet from the dietitian. I kept that off. Pre-op I lost about 12. Then I lost another 15 in the hospital. Depending on the scale, I'm only down a couple of pounds - maybe 4?

HW: 305
    CW: 263
    So . . .that's pretty good? I haven't tried on any of my smaller pants yet. One of 2 pairs I wear are falling off and may need to be retired. The other pair had an adjustable waistband and I moved it in a button on both sides. (Only 2 buttons).

My biggest problem is WHERE my fat is. The 30ish pounds I put on in one year is all in my abdomen. I don't know what to call the area - I guess it is an "extension" of the mons area. So that has made some pants a challenge, which is why I'm hesitant to go down a size. I wish you could choose where the weight came off first. :)
  • Guyoal
    Guyoal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gastric sleeve completed on 10/9/14. HW 276. SW 265. CW 152.

I'm struggling with body image. I'm not super comfortable in my new skin even though I feel healthier. I'm now able to eat nearly anything as long as I get my protein in, I'm just afraid of eating because I don't want to gain.

My favorite day was a few months ago, I climbed from the first floor to the fifth floor of the place I work without thinking about it. I wasn't winded! I didn't even slow down!
  • azarellanos
    azarellanos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 10/14/2015 HW 218 (all time non pregnant hw 228)SW 214 CW 195. Ultimate goal 140 but would be thrilled with 160. I also carry my weight in my abdomen. I measure every time I weigh in because I've noticed the tape measure moving when the scale is not and that helps me mentally. So instead of "hip measurement" I call it my "gut measurement". I've lost 5 inches there and 3 in my waist. I'm in smaller pants and tops. I have clothes for about another 15 pounds then it will be time to go shopping.

I would like to keep my carbs lower than 50 and that gets hard. I'm diabetic and my fasting sugars aren't dropping as rapidly as I'd like. I've only had trouble a few times with foods at first but now am doing better. Work has been difficult. I am a stress eater and when stressed and need to focus and concentrate, so I eat. I'm trying to use gum for this after remembering my kids were given gum in school to help them focus....yep they didn't fall far from the tree.