Sweaty straps!

Options
jmyors
jmyors Posts: 1 Member
I love my new Applewatch, but I am finding it really frustrating that when I'm exercising I have to keep taking it off to wipe the sweat from both it and my arm. If I don't, it keeps slipping down my wrist. Sweat also seems to interfere with the HR monitor, even when it stays in place. Anyone have any suggestions?? I have the sport-strap and would be open to changing to something else if it would help, but given the cost of the straps am hesitant to do so until I know for sure. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have the Apple Watch Sport as well. I am not having that issue. I wear it pretty snugly though. Perhaps yours is not tight enough? It needs to be pretty snug for HR monitor to work properly.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I also have the sport and it gets sweaty, but I usually just put it one notch tighter while I'm working out and that seems to work.
  • groodlesuk
    groodlesuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the point regarding tightness of the strap. The Sports strap does have a little stretch in it, so perhaps you need to go one notch tighter.

However, I've realised that I need to loosen mine when I'm doing certain exercises. Rowing Machine or Pull-Ups makes my forearms pump-up and a tight strap is not good as this can cause pain.