Calories from Garmin Connect vs MyFitness Pal

Options
KaKay204
KaKay204 Posts: 8 Member
Does anyone notice that calories registered on Garmin Connect are different from what is calculated for the same exercise on MyFitness Pal.

Why is this? and does anyone know what is more accurate?

Replies

• otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I just got my Vivosmart about ten days ago and just found this group. I find that the number of "active calories burned" that register on MFP when I synch the device to MFP is lower than shown on the Garmin Dashboard. For example, today I burned 205 "active calories" (from steps) according to the Vivosmart. MFP only "credited" me with 30 exercise calories today. At the moment, I'm going by what the Vivosmart shows, and using MFP only to enter food. I'd be happy to hear what others are doing!
  • misti7440
    misti7440 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've never paid any attention to what MFP puts. I just use the calorie count. But, a couple days ago I paid for the MFP premium and that allowed me to use the feature to turn off the calories being added. So I just check my garmin to see calorie in/out.
  • otrlynn
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion Misti.
  • anik1124
    anik1124 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How much is the MFP premium? Never heard of it! And I found that the calories shown on MFP are usually closer to what it is supposed to be than displayed on my vivosmart
  • sjibarra
    sjibarra Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I just got my VivoSmart yesterday and on MFP it is showing my calories from exercise as 0 even though i've walked 3,404 steps already today. Any suggestions?
  • otrlynn
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer to this. MFP does not appear to credit me with steps, or begin to add extra calories to my daily allotment until I have surpassed 10,000 steps (which is the goal that I set with Garmin). It may also have to do with how you have your activity level set in MFP.
  • lovemynhl
    lovemynhl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Having the same issues. MFP isn't showing anything as far as exercise goes for today. My Fitbit connected just fine, but the Garmin isn't showing anything.