NSVs! Post your Non-Scale Victories Here!

Options
cobwebel
cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
The scale doesn't always tell the tale. Post other exercise, body image, weight loss and other victories here!

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Down two sizes in jeans! Wore a size 16 all day yesterday and was not uncomfortable at all! :)B)<3
  • cobwebel
    Options
    Down two sizes in jeans! Wore a size 16 all day yesterday and was not uncomfortable at all! :)B)<3

YES! WTG!
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever I wore a dress to work today. And I wasn't self concious or uncomfortable.

qw9kk2pa5t3b.jpeg
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just walked the dog in some old sweatpants and they kept sliding down. I did have to buy myself some new clothes recently.
  • dougphi
    dougphi Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Moved 2 holes on my belt in the right direction!
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My pants aren't digging into me and my belly isn't overhanging.
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Been to the gym 4 days in a row.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Someone said that they wanted to be as fit as me today. :smiley:

It's also my five month anniversary of my new lifestyle today.
  • Mondoweft
    Mondoweft Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I told my parents that I was losing weight and calorie counting,and they were supportive and not condescending.

I had to charity bin my first article of clothing due to it being too big.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    momar23 wrote: »
    For the first time ever I wore a dress to work today. And I wasn't self concious or uncomfortable.

qw9kk2pa5t3b.jpeg

You look gorgeous!!! <3<3<3
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Mondoweft wrote: »
    I told my parents that I was losing weight and calorie counting,and they were supportive and not condescending.

I had to charity bin my first article of clothing due to it being too big.

Two huge victories!!! Must have felt great! <3:)
  • beagletracks
    Options
    All of these NSVs are awesome and inspiring! Keep them coming! :)
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure has been coming down a little each week. I'm going to see my doctor next week to ask to reduce my blood pressure medication by half. Having MFP track my sodium - and motivate me to do cardio every day - is really helping me get a handle on this.
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My husband is joining me on mfp. We are counting calories together.

My new winter coat is feeling to big.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My family went out to eat and I couldn't find anything on the menu that would keep me under my calorie goal. I ordered a diet coke and sipped slowly while everyone ate. The diet coke was kind of a treat; I don't have one very often. I came home and ate sensibly. I'm under my calorie goal for the day and feel empowered that I had self discipline.
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to look cute in photos again because I don't have as much of a squishy-face when smiling now :smiley: I can actually see my cheeks and chin...and they are NOT connected anymore (there's separation between them!).

Waiting on the jeans though...ugh...still rocking the same size, but I can get my old 16s on now (they don't quite button...yet...but they DO go all the way on and up) and can picture the day when I can wear them comfortably--in the near future.
  • momar23
    Options
    momar23 wrote: »

qw9kk2pa5t3b.jpeg

You look gorgeous!!! <3<3<3

Thank you!!
  • kmanrique321
    kmanrique321 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago, I accidentally bought some pants a size larger than what I wore & I kept them for days I felt fat. I put them on the other day & they nearly slid off. I wore them around the house today & had to hold them up when I walked. Last month I was meeting my mom for lunch at one of her favorite places where the hostess knows us. I got there first & she didn't recognize me. (She recognized my mom.). For the first tine ever I had to tighten the straps on my Birkenstocks (the pair that were too tight when I bought them too!) My 11 lb dog, who used to be able to lie easily on just one of my thighs, is having trouble staying on now. My favorite: I actually have bones now!! Lol!!
  • cobwebel
    Options
    I was having a down day so decided to do a little before and after. I'm only half way to my goal, but this did help me see some progress even if it's not huge. 30 down, 30 (maybe 40?) to go. But this is motivating me to keep going. First pic is from August, second pic is from yesterday.

w2gbqhu5cd0k.jpeg
  • momar23
    Options
    cobwebel wrote: »
    I was having a down day so decided to do a little before and after. I'm only half way to my goal, but this did help me see some progress even if it's not huge. 30 down, 30 (maybe 40?) to go. But this is motivating me to keep going. First pic is from August, second pic is from yesterday.

w2gbqhu5cd0k.jpeg

Awesome!!