Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks Hope all is well with all of you. :sunglasses:

Replies

• kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Short run done. I am officially sick. The achy body of the last couple days has moved to my scalp. Exhausted. Cleaning and taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Side note...I bought the boyfriend a few books for his birthday and one of them is called "The Immune System Recovery Plan." We always buy each other something health related for our birthdays and he has joint issues and is looking into diet. I read some of it while he was feverishly playing his new video game. We are going to give it a go. Pretty common stuff you hear...no gluten, dairy, soy, allergens and what Heron often speaks of...healing your gut. Since we are back to eating meat, I believe it will be pretty easy. We will start in the next week or so. I am going to begin cutting some stuff out now so that it is not a huge shock to my body and brain.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with the new protocol Kris. I need to try something. I have tried AltShift twice but I get derailed on the 3shift. It tempts me back to high carbs and can't keep calories in check. Will try again soon.
    Sorry I've been so off the map. My Mac is on the fritz so I know I can't get any podcasts produced. I'm still struggling with motivation. For now I am content to ignore many things health related. But I do hope everyone here is doing well.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you.
    Carol - Bummer on the Mac I had one of my Karaoke Laptops die in the middle of one of my shows. Gonna use it for target practice one of these days. Don't let perfect get in the way of good, and This time of year live well, might want to go clean your No Gun for later.
    Kris - Good o on the change let us know how it goes.

Work Hard Have Fun but above all B :sunglasses:
  • kris3b
    Options
    Happy Monday!

John, Sorry about the Karaoke Laptop meltdown. Will keep you updated on the diet.

Carol, Great to see you pop in. I have no idea how you do everything with your crazy, but great life. Gotta say this...You are one awesome mama to some beautiful kids! Maybe AltShift isn't the way for now and it is time to mix it up again. Take care of yourself and know that even when you have to take time away you are here in spirit. Shucks, we have that new running challenge next year. Already told a bunch of people so they help keep me accountable! My one work bud laughed and said he knew what I would do...Run all 10 races in one month! haha

I am most excited by my new plan because it just sounds right and does not feel like a total shock. For once, I do not feel as though I am having to do things that I dislike. Hmm??? Perhaps this is why I always fail...I must suffer for results. haha We will see how it goes.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm behind.. had a nice Thanksgiving break, didn't go too crazy with food, I was completely aware of what I'm eating and I was fine with it. My fitnessblender month has been ok. I moved and that's what I wanted, but the hurt ankle on the last week really sucked! However, I am grateful for my life and Arturo, we are both very grateful!

Amy, others had commented about his mischievous look, and he really is. He's not trying to be bad (no dog is) he just need to grow up!
    Kris aww thanks.. We love fostering its sometimes stressful A.F but there is nothing like reading the updates from the new families.
    I'm sorry that you are sick :( Try taking Umcka it super charges the immune system and cuts recovery time. Any herb that you know boost the immune system will work but you have to get it in tincture form. Capsule just don't absorb as well and its not fresh. Every day the bottle sits on the shelf, the potency reduces.
    Keep healing your gut! And I wish you success on your plan, remember if you slip up no big deal, don't use that as an excuse to keep slipping. (I've fallen into that thinking way too many times!) <3
    Oh and winter is the perfect time to cook bone broth.(AWESOME for gut healing especially if you add all the anti-inflammatory herbs/spices) Whole foods sells soup bones, but you might have to ask the butcher. Fowl bones, simmer for 48hrs and other bones 72hrs, be sure to top off with water so it won't evaporate too fast, you can add raw apple cider vinegar to extract more nutrients. The bone is done when you can crumble/break with a hard pinch. Add some veggie and meat and make it a meal or use it for cooking, braising liquid or a sauce.

John, you are consistent as usual, what a great example!

Carol, you are ready when you are ready. Check out this video from fitnessblender titled My Motivation to Workout; The Real Reason I Eat Healthily & Exercise + How to Get Motivated. https://youtu.be/9klGIcyAPeo
    It might give you a boost.
    Arturo recently asked me "am I going back to Muay thai because that seems to really help your weight loss" (mind you, he's not telling me that I need to lose weight lol) I told him that although I agree, that is not my motivation anymore. My main priority is to build muscle because my joints are really really crappy and I keep getting hurt because I don't have enough muscles so my joints are doing most of the work. In order for me to mostly injury and pain free, I really have to build more muscles and not rush progress. So dig deep when you are ready and come up with your own motivation. ;) I wish you all the best, Sending good thoughts to you!

Also an interesting video on body fluctuation.36 Hours of Body Fluctuation - Cheat Meal Before and After https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806qfaW77AA
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Happy late Monday/early Tuesday everyone! Kris and Heron the dietary anti-inflammatory info is super helpful. I haven't tried tincture of Umcka but I'm gona get it in my body ASAP! Heron have you ever made your own fermented veggies? I've been eating Bubbies sauerkraut every day and it's getting expensive!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks. Here is a thought, I've tried this a good few times and the reactions can be priceless. When you are getting fast food or checking out with at some other store with a person, if they end it by saying something like have a "Great Day" etc... Stop look them in the eye and tell them "You've made is so by wishing it so." Smile and move on. They will remember you.
  • heronh
    Options
    Quick rant, and Amy I do want to answer your question and give you tips.
    My rant and it's so stupid.. I hate giving up alcohol, not that I'm a big drinker, I have beer and wine in the house and I don't feel the need to drink, but sometimes once a while I just wanna sit back and enjoy some cider or wine, and I cannot because I'm so paranoid of alcohol derailing my progress so I save my drinking to social events. And even then I still get anxiety... Sometimes eating clean sucks the fun out of things. Yes I know it's for my health, but this no wheat, no sugar, no alcohol is such a bummer!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks.

Heron the psych benefit of imbibing is something I weigh against health and fitness. Some times I go either way. Once I make the decision I don;t look back. I just enjoy the moment however I choose. If I say No thank you, I enjoy the mental benefit of making a healthier choice and the company. If I say yes please, I thoroughly enjoy the taste and the company. Either way it's a win.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Yeah, there's a lot of pressure on us to eat perfect, workout perfect, etc. etc. I'll walk through the supermarket parking lot telling myself I'm not going to buy any packaged food, then walk out the Vons with crap, which I start eating in the car on the way home. Sometimes I wish I could ride a time machine back to when food wasn't a product designed by people in lab coats to get me hooked in order to make a handful of people very rich. But then I remember I might need antibiotics (unless I become a festering superbug fomite, which, either way makes a handful of people very rich). I also don't like to be dragged around by my hair and find Neanderthal body odor unpleasant. 2015 it is then.
  • heronh
    Options
    John, I'm happy that you made peace with your food/alcohol but I have difficulties, some days are just easier than others. Example, I was invited to a nice Italian restaurant by Arturo's superior who I adore someone always bring good wine. I had a great time with his team, I didn't eat bread, pasta or potatoes because I want to enjoy wine and a dessert. I didn't feel bad at all (easy day), and my net carb for the was in the 80s so not bad!

Amy, yes I do make my own fermented veggies, I LOOOOVE my fermented cucumbers. I add ginger, chili and juniper berries. Yum. I think people can be intimidated by making your fermentation because of the fear of "screwing up" and that's the beauty of fermentation, you don't really screw up, it might not be your taste preference but its still full of probiotics! Making your own is the best, the bacteria is local to your environment. Start with sauerkraut but if you want to ferment anything that has sugar in it like carrots and beets, you either have to add liquid whey or probiotics that is alive. Another option is to save the liquid from the non sugary veggie fermentation and add to the sugary veggie. Its just that with sugar can turn into alcohol but if you want to make beet hooch then go for it! :p
    Few tips:
    Don't worry about too much about the measurements of ingredients.
    mold on top of the fermentation is common, its harmless and just compost the top layer that has the mold.
    Be sure you REALLY push down the veggies (unless its stuff like cucumber) I mean punch down with your fist type of deal.
    Make sure everything is under the brine, you can fill a small ziplock bag with water. Or get source kraut, by using that you are guarantee no mold and all the veggies will stay submerged. http://www.krautsource.com/new-products/kraut-source
    That site also have great recipes! If you want to ferment regularly, I recommend getting a wood pounder.
    Optimal days of fermentation is 7 days (unless its summer) to get the full benefit.
    Also I highly recommend making your own yogurt, very simple! There are yogurt cultures that can be fermented at room temperature. The best part is that you can getting maximum probiotics at a fraction of the cost AND if you ferment it longer(, the bacteria will eat more sugar in the milk. It might taste more tart but you can add you favorite sugar substitute if you don't like it too tart. If you have friends with dogs, you can give them the extra whey from making yogurt, its basically probiotic in liquid form and dogs love that fermented, tart taste.
    Let me know if you have any questions. ;)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks! Hope *kitten* is well with all of you.

Great Info Heron and good to hear you had a good time with some balance. Thanks!
  • kris3b
    Options
    Hey gang! Sorry for being away. Been crazy busy and plan on catching up with all of you this weekend. Miss ya and hope you are having a great Friday!!!
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Options
    Heron thank you for all the great info! I'm on Kraut Source's site now and can't wait to sink my teeth into my first batch.