I need support and am hoping for a new start!

Options
TexasNurseSteph
TexasNurseSteph Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2015 in Social Groups
My current weight is 262 lbs. My goal is 165 lbs. I lost 41 pounds last year and i have gained 14 pounds back. My start weight was 289 lbs. I gained a large amount of weight (like 120 pounds!) with my last pregnancy. I have a 20 year class reunion coming next fall and I want to use that as my time to get this started. I have a family history of diabetes, I want to avoid that and be able to be more active with my 2 kids. I would like to restart my weight loss journey. I would love to have new friends, and friends who are maybe in a similar situation as me. Thanks!
3584591.png

Replies

• Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    Hi! Will send a FR!! :) I am 261, trying to get to around 150-ish.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I started at 275 and my end goal is 150. Have knocked out 45 of that so far.
    My wake-up call was being told I was "borderline" for diabetes. If they have it in your area, my local YMCA had a diabetes prevention program that got me kickstarted. "Run for God" classes (they're nationwide, there's probably a chapter in your area) added in to that have helped me to stay on the losing path. I've gone from not being able to run a mile to training for a half marathon now.

Add me if you'd like.