Bread

Options
pennysteed
pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
I am almost 5 months post and am having problems digesting bread and anything like bread (wonton paper). My throat fills with mucus and I am sick. Has anyone else had this problem? It sucks because I am not only craving a sandwich but with a major move imminent, I am realizing how much food had bread of some sort in it.

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Bread doesn't sit well with me, but if I eat a cracker or tortilla or something less doughy it's no problem, it's kinda weird. Starches in general don't sit well with me, so I avoid them. You might want to try a high protein bread like Ezekiel, and toast it before you eat it, I have heard from a lot of people that toasted bread settles better with them.
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Other then filling me up too fast I have not had a problem with bread. This is both a blessing and a curse. If I have to eat something on the go that has bread I normally just eat the protein or vegetable innards and maybe have 1 or 2 bites of the bread portion. I still struggle with the idea of "wasting" food, but I figure its better thrown out then making me sick or adding too many empty calories to my diet.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Bread can be a problem for most people post WLS. But it is a really crappy choice, so it's not something any of us should be eating regularly. I never touched it until I was well past goal.

Since it bothers you, and it lacks any significant nutritional value, staying away from it would be best.
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you. My cousin has an Ezekiel bread cookbook coming out in two weeks. I will have to order it so I have it in Germany. Definitely worth a try.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I can do toasted bread, but I tried to do a slice of bread with tuna salad on a camping vacation and it felt like it got stuck and I started salivating like you described. I can do low carb wraps and saltine crackers in limited quantities without a problem though. Good luck on your move!