Week 2 198.2 -3.4
    Week 3 197.2 -1.0
    Week 4 194.4 -2.8
    Week 5 192.0 -2.4
    Week 6 189.4 -2.6
    Week 7 188.0 -1.4
    Week 8 186.2 -1.8
    Total challenge loss -18.8 lbs

So excited this week- I definitely lost more in inches than pounds.

I also hit my goal for the challenge in pounds. I planned for -18 because I was going to end my challenge on 12/19 as I start my vacation.

I am happy I will be able to hit to the -20 with you guys!
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SW: 182
    Week 1: 181.3 (-0.7 lb)
    Week 2: 180.8 (-0.5 lb)
    Week 3: 179.6 (-1.2 lb)
    Week 4: 179.6 (0 lb)
    Week 5: 176.2 (-3.4 lb)
    Week 6: 173.8 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 7: 173.6 (-0.2 lb)
    Week 8: 172.0 (-1.6 lb)

Total loss: 10 lbs

I'm just over half way, I want to make it to 163 for 2016 (so I'm in my "normal" BMI range)
    9 lbs to go!
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    HW 165
    Challenge start 145
    Last week 139
    This week 136.2
    GW 130
  • erebar
    Options
    SW: 182
    Week 1: 181.3 (-0.7 lb)
    Week 2: 180.8 (-0.5 lb)
    Week 3: 179.6 (-1.2 lb)
    Week 4: 179.6 (0 lb)
    Week 5: 176.2 (-3.4 lb)
    Week 6: 173.8 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 7: 173.6 (-0.2 lb)
    Week 8: 172.0 (-1.6 lb)

Total loss: 10 lbs

I'm just over half way, I want to make it to 163 for 2016 (so I'm in my "normal" BMI range)
    9 lbs to go!

Great Job!! You can do it!!!
  • erebar
    Options
    curves2j wrote: »
    This challenge:

SW: 205
    Week 1 201.6 -3.4
    Week 2 198.2 -3.4
    Week 3 197.2 -1.0
    Week 4 194.4 -2.8
    Week 5 192.0 -2.4
    Week 6 189.4 -2.6
    Week 7 188.0 -1.4
    Week 8 186.2 -1.8
    Total challenge loss -18.8 lbs

So excited this week- I definitely lost more in inches than pounds. And then

You kicked some butt!!!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @curves2j congrats on making your goal! @laurainottawa and @erebar you are both doing great! I have about 7.2lbs to hit my goal for end of the year. Im hoping to make it but if I don't i know I will be close so i won't be disappointed.

Starting Weight: 285
    Challenge Start Weight: 225.9
    Current Weight: 212.2
    Total loss for Challenge -13.7lbs
    NYE Goal: 205

• erebar
    Options
    ForMe2No wrote: »
    @curves2j congrats on making your goal! @laurainottawa and @erebar you are both doing great! I have about 7.2lbs to hit my goal for end of the year. Im hoping to make it but if I don't i know I will be close so i won't be disappointed.

Starting Weight: 285
    Challenge Start Weight: 225.9
    Current Weight: 212.2
    Total loss for Challenge -13.7lbs
    NYE Goal: 205

We are cheering you on! You have really lost a lot - that's amazing!!! Great perspective on your goals!
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    179.6 for me! I'm just excited about being in the 170's at all!! I weighed 209 in 7th grade so I don't ever remember seeing that on a scale!! Ever. I'm very proud that I've accomplished losing weight at all these past few weeks because I haven't been working out. It had put me in a bit of a funk for a little while. I literally came home from work and just laid in my bed for the rest of the afternoon for a few days straight. I felt like I had lost total control. My house had been practically taken over (Still is. 3 weeks. Going into week 4. I'm going to lose my mind.) and I was coming home to dinner already cooked. Problem is, it's not anything like what I usually cook or what my boyfriend cooks for me because he's very supportive and knows. I've just been careful with my choices and portioning. My whole workout/nutrition routine I had has just been shattered! The stress is overwhelming and I know I've definitely been MIA for this group! I'm SO sorry!! I'm hoping it's fixed by the end of the week because this is really putting a damper on my motivation lately. Anyway, ending my vent lol.

You're all doing amazing! I'm glad to see you being consistent and striving to reach your goals!! Means you've got your minds in the right place which is exactly what needs to happen to reach them! You can always get a push from somebody else but it ends up being your decision to continue and succeed or not. Fantastic job!!

Starting Weight: 265
    Challenge Start Weight: 190
    Current Weight: 179.6
    Total loss for Challenge -10.4

I'm not sure that 20 by the end of the year is completely realistic for me at this point, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try! My overall weight loss goal is 165. That will be 100lbs! It gets closer and closer each week and even if I'm slightly past the New Year with it, I'm completely okay with that because I've never given up, despite my struggles. I've kept my eye on the prize this whole year, since January, and I'm so very proud of myself for that alone! Every other time I've tried, I've lost sight of my goals and got off track. Not this time!! Having this group has really helped me. You're all in the back of my mind every day! Especially lately. Whenever I start to get down and struggling, I just remember you're all here, working hard and I certainly can't sit down and give up now. Thank you all for being a part of this and helping me stay focused. It means a lot to me! :blush:

• laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I'm not sure that 20 by the end of the year is completely realistic for me at this point, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try! My overall weight loss goal is 165. That will be 100lbs! It gets closer and closer each week and even if I'm slightly past the New Year with it, I'm completely okay with that because I've never given up, despite my struggles. I've kept my eye on the prize this whole year, since January, and I'm so very proud of myself for that alone! Every other time I've tried, I've lost sight of my goals and got off track. Not this time!! Having this group has really helped me. You're all in the back of my mind every day! Especially lately. Whenever I start to get down and struggling, I just remember you're all here, working hard and I certainly can't sit down and give up now. Thank you all for being a part of this and helping me stay focused. It means a lot to me! :blush:

That's amazing ChandalNicole! What an accomplishment this year! It is so important to have someone to support you, and keep you accountable.
    Celebrate how close you are to your final goal, and how different you feel now.
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 206

Week 1: 204.9 (-1.1 lb)
    Week 2: 202.5 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 3: 200.1 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 4: 198.9 (-1.2 lb)
    Week 5: 197.0 (-1.9 lb)
    Week 6: 196.8 (-0.2 lb)
    Week 7: 193.2 (-3.6 lb)
    Week 8: 191.7 (-1.5 lb)

Total Loss: 14.3 lbs!

This week was pretty rough for me; we've started "holiday hours" at the store, and I'm coming home beat on my feet and unable to do anything but sleep. And we had that night where I begged my husband for a Christmas decorating night, and we kind of ate our weight in peanut M&Ms and Goldfish crackers while watching "Holiday Inn"... :smiley: But TODAY I ran 5 miles straight and was on the treadmill for better than an hour -- OOF. I'll feel that tomorrow...

@ChandalNicole You are 100% inspiring and wonderful, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when we say you are doing AN AMAZING THING with yourself and we are all behind you!! You've come so far, and done so much (heck, you've TRANSFORMED yourself!!), and even if you don't make it those last twenty pounds before the end of the month, you WILL, which is what matters. I mean, we don't know you very well (if at all), we just know how determined you are and how beat to hell you are right now, and, you know, we're all behind you. :smile:
  • luv2liftElise
    luv2liftElise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm sorry I haven't logged my weight for almost a month! Ugh. I haven't really lost a whole lot more. Just been maintaining lately, and that's been difficult for me with late-night eating, Thanksgiving, and now Christmas cookies! I have not been doing well and have been noticing I've been feeling a lot more tired and not as "sharp-minded" lately. Trying very hard today with logging everything, and I'm so hungry right now!

Sw:173
    Gw: 153
    Cw: 167.8
  • erebar
    Options
    179.6 for me! I'm just excited about being in the 170's at all!! I weighed 209 in 7th grade so I don't ever remember seeing that on a scale!! Ever. I'm very proud that I've accomplished losing weight at all these past few weeks because I haven't been working out. It had put me in a bit of a funk for a little while. I literally came home from work and just laid in my bed for the rest of the afternoon for a few days straight. I felt like I had lost total control. My house had been practically taken over (Still is. 3 weeks. Going into week 4. I'm going to lose my mind.) and I was coming home to dinner already cooked. Problem is, it's not anything like what I usually cook or what my boyfriend cooks for me because he's very supportive and knows. I've just been careful with my choices and portioning. My whole workout/nutrition routine I had has just been shattered! The stress is overwhelming and I know I've definitely been MIA for this group! I'm SO sorry!! I'm hoping it's fixed by the end of the week because this is really putting a damper on my motivation lately. Anyway, ending my vent lol.

You're all doing amazing! I'm glad to see you being consistent and striving to reach your goals!! Means you've got your minds in the right place which is exactly what needs to happen to reach them! You can always get a push from somebody else but it ends up being your decision to continue and succeed or not. Fantastic job!!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us - the ups the downs- and the great attitude of perseverance. You are getting so close! We are here to support you! I'm so sorry that home is so stressful! I hope it gets settled settled soon!!
  • neetneet46
    neetneet46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My starting weight: 187
    Today's weight : 182.4
    I'm not saying I'm ill hit that mark, but this group helps me get that much closer to my goal weight !
  • erebar
    Options
    istarith wrote: »
    Starting Weight: 206

Week 1: 204.9 (-1.1 lb)
    Week 2: 202.5 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 3: 200.1 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 4: 198.9 (-1.2 lb)
    Week 5: 197.0 (-1.9 lb)
    Week 6: 196.8 (-0.2 lb)
    Week 7: 193.2 (-3.6 lb)
    Week 8: 191.7 (-1.5 lb)

Total Loss: 14.3 lbs!

This week was pretty rough for me; we've started "holiday hours" at the store, and I'm coming home beat on my feet and unable to do anything but sleep. And we had that night where I begged my husband for a Christmas decorating night, and we kind of ate our weight in peanut M&Ms and Goldfish crackers while watching "Holiday Inn"... :smiley: But TODAY I ran 5 miles straight and was on the treadmill for better than an hour -- OOF. I'll feel that tomorrow...

@ChandalNicole You are 100% inspiring and wonderful, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when we say you are doing AN AMAZING THING with yourself and we are all behind you!! You've come so far, and done so much (heck, you've TRANSFORMED yourself!!), and even if you don't make it those last twenty pounds before the end of the month, you WILL, which is what matters. I mean, we don't know you very well (if at all), we just know how determined you are and how beat to hell you are right now, and, you know, we're all behind you. :smile:

I'm so totally inspired by you.. I'm working on my running( jogging actually) and I'm only able to do about 2 miles. I feel like I've hit a wall. Any hints or things that are working for you? Thanks!
  • istarith
    Options
    erebar wrote: »
    I'm so totally inspired by you.. I'm working on my running( jogging actually) and I'm only able to do about 2 miles. I feel like I've hit a wall. Any hints or things that are working for you? Thanks!

Heck yes!! Here's some things that work for me:
    • Get on a training plan. Currently I'm doing a marathon training schedule, and I'm not even training for a specific marathon - just gradually raising my miles. This specific one has helped a TON; it keeps your body working yet guessing; I highly recommend it! Even if I don't (or you don't) run a marathon, at least you know you can gradually build to running more than 10 miles!
    • Jog/Walk. There is no rulebook that says you have to jog or run the entire time. Professionals do that. I'm not a professional. I totally take brisk walk breaks throughout my run. Take as many as you need; they'll help you build to running/jogging longer streaks! Sometimes during my 3-mile runs, I'll speed walk for an entire mile just to keep my heart rate going for the miles I'll be doing actual jogging! As long as you GET THERE, it doesn't matter how fast you get there. :smile:

Getting past 2 miles was a GIANT big deal for me; I've NEVER run a 5k before, so 3.1 miles seemed impossible. I can tell you that in those "impossible" runs, I work out a system with my music where I'll speed walk for a song, and then whatever song comes on next, I'll run/jog the whole song. And if you need a longer breather of just walking than you thought, that's totally fine; take it. In 2 weeks, you maybe wont need that breather. You work up to and then past it! Listen to your body! And GOOD LUCK!! You'll get past 2 miles, I know it!!
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support!! :blush:
  • erebar
    Options
    istarith wrote: »
    erebar wrote: »

Heck yes!! Here's some things that work for me:
    • Get on a training plan. Currently I'm doing a marathon training schedule, and I'm not even training for a specific marathon - just gradually raising my miles. This specific one has helped a TON; it keeps your body working yet guessing; I highly recommend it! Even if I don't (or you don't) run a marathon, at least you know you can gradually build to running more than 10 miles!
    • Jog/Walk. There is no rulebook that says you have to jog or run the entire time. Professionals do that. I'm not a professional. I totally take brisk walk breaks throughout my run. Take as many as you need; they'll help you build to running/jogging longer streaks! Sometimes during my 3-mile runs, I'll speed walk for an entire mile just to keep my heart rate going for the miles I'll be doing actual jogging! As long as you GET THERE, it doesn't matter how fast you get there. :smile:

Getting past 2 miles was a GIANT big deal for me; I've NEVER run a 5k before, so 3.1 miles seemed impossible. I can tell you that in those "impossible" runs, I work out a system with my music where I'll speed walk for a song, and then whatever song comes on next, I'll run/jog the whole song. And if you need a longer breather of just walking than you thought, that's totally fine; take it. In 2 weeks, you maybe wont need that breather. You work up to and then past it! Listen to your body! And GOOD LUCK!! You'll get past 2 miles, I know it!!

Thanks- great tips! Going to give it a whirl. Is it an app on your phone?
  • izaglam222
    izaglam222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    phew having issues with myfitnesspal is not fun. Couldn't access the group :(

@laurainottawa I want to be you 8 weeks from now!!!! you are killing it!

@erebar your messages are always encouraging and put a smile on my face :)

@ChandalNicole OMG you are ultimately the most inspirational person ever!!! I appreciate your openness and that you tell us about your ups and downs. You keep it real and I <3 that about you!!!

Thanks so much @ForMe2No!

@istarith I am speechless- WOW!!! You are our exercise model!!!

This group is so special- Thanks You @ChandalNicole for creating it. I feel like you guys are true sisters in sweat. I thank you all for the support!!! <3<3

• istarith
    Options
    @erebar I know a lot of people who swear by the RunKeeper app - I have it, but I don't use it at all since I run mainly on the treadmill (and the treadmill's in my building's basement, so no wifi to keep the app running). I'll tell you this though: I SWEAR BY SmashRun.com; it's fun, informative, and often hilarious!! Plus, they give you these scout-style badges for accomplishing different runs (my profile picture is my "50 Miles Run" badge!). It's free, it's 100% easy to use, it tells you your calories burnt, talks to your pedometer, keeps track of your miles/speed/duration/time of day/etc... It totally keeps you motivated without any trendy gimmicks! Plus, I need some friends on SmashRun! :smiley:

@izaglam222 .... I have literally never been told that in my life, and more than likely will never hear it again... Lol!! Amazing! Thanks!! :blush:
  • erebar
    Options
    @izaglam222 I agree ! This is a great group of great ladies. So inspirational on many levels!!!