Fitbit Zip battery low constantly

Options
I just changed batteries Nov 24 (had the low battery on the zip) and I got an email today saying my battery was low. I have used different brands (Rayovac, Energizer) and still have this issue. I am thinking about getting a different Fitbit but not sure which one. I want one that will count my steps and not my arm movements/swings as steps (heard some do that). Which one do you have and do you like it?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Before you look into spending $100+ to replace the Zip, have you contacted Fitbit's customer service about the issue? They may replace it for you if it's still having problems.

As for recommendations, I've had the Zip, One (also a clip), and Flex. The arm movements it picks up are pretty minimal as long as I'm watching myself (lots of hands-on work), plus it balances out with times it doesn't pick up steps (pushing a grocery cart or stroller).
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had the flex and now the Charge HR. I really like it though it gives me a huge load of calories.
    I use the HR to try and measure my heart rate, I wouldn't say it's 100% reliable and accurate but it's just another thing to try and improve accuracy.
  • breeze_brat
    breeze_brat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies!
    malibu927, I will contact them and see what they say. thanks for the advice
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Also check the Zip device itself-does it have the "low battery" indicator again like it did in November? If you're far away from your computer/phone (in another room, say), the app will frequently misinterpret a weak signal as being from a low battery and will send you that notification.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    ditto to checking device.

If during a sync it fails because BT connection breaks - it assumes the device failed because battery is low.
    Bad assumption, but still. As soon as next successful sync happens, warning is gone from website - probably app too if it reports that.
    But if email already sent out, another doesn't come stating it looks good now.
  • breeze_brat
    breeze_brat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I emailed Fitbit and they responded and had me check the device connections (take off back and remove battery to check the connectors) and after I did that and told them the connections were fine, they asked for all my info and said they would check to see if I was eligible for a replacement..should be if it isn't working right but ok, they emailed me today and said new zip is being processed. Thank you malibu927 for suggesting contacting them!