Just started ND yesterday!

Options
owlett5
owlett5 Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone, I'm super glad I found this group. I just started on new direction yesterday and I'm excited to start losing weight!

These past couple days have been tricky, I've been so hungry! But I'm drinking lots and determined!

Replies

• ESueM67
    ESueM67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Owlett5! Congratulations! The first few days are the hardest. I think you'll find the folks in this group very helpful, supportive and informative. I got a lot of information about New Direction, ketosis, and countless tips and tricks from these great people.
  • owlett5
    Options
    Thanks so much! Yeah rights now I am struggling with hunger, but it's only day two. I've been chugging fluids and trying really hard to pace myself with my shakes and bars.
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I started on December 4th. I'm struggling with cravings but I so want to succeed. I want this so bad. I figure there are two out comes either I commit to this and succeed or I cheat and quite and fail. I want to succeed. Since we started around the same time maybe we can encourage eachother?
  • owlett5
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea! This is certainly is not easy, but after about 4 days it's not so bad
  • Lisalovestravel
    Lisalovestravel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks can be really tough. For me, I wasn't hungry, but I was so in the HABIT of eating, that I really struggled. I had to have a lot of conversations with myself, telling myself there was a difference between wanting to eat and being hungry. That was (and still is) difficult. Chewing sugarless gum helps (but not more than one stick a day- as they have carbs!) and so does brushing my teeth after each meal replacement. When you want to eat- go exercise!
  • HuskerJulie413
    HuskerJulie413 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are doing great Lisa and great advice for everyone! It takes the body only a few days to get into ketosis when you get your carbs below 50 but to have your body really adapted to metabolizing stored fat as fuel takes a few weeks. Keep up your salt intake at the beginning and it will really help. Throughout the program it's important to keep your salt intake up. We flush out so much when we drink so much water and burn so much fat. I like to drink the herb flavored chicken bouillon.