Help with names

Options
C_LO211
C_LO211 Posts: 71 Member
So my husband and I are expecting in March and we just found out we are having a girl. We are super excited but also shocked as we really thought we were having a boy so we didn't pick out girl names and we are having a hard time......any help?

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    What kind of names do you like? Vintage, modern, popular, common enough to spell but uncommon enough to be original?
  • C_LO211
    Options
    vintage and I like unique but not crazy
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Rosanna?
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi my husband and I had our baby boys name picked out before we even got pregnant... luckily I am pregnant with a boy (due in 4 weeks). We couldn't for the life of us decide on a girls name. The names that I really liked #1 Scarlett (he hated this), Rose, Grace, Madeline. He liked Maria (although almost every girl born in his family has some variation of this name), Natasha (I think although he never committed).
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    We named our daughter Vanessa. It means butterfly.

We also liked Lillian, Madelyn, Sophia, Charlotte, Patricia, Karissa, Elise, Alicia, Anita, Juliet, Kristen and Elizabeth (which ended up as her middle name) :)
  • C_LO211
    Options
    Love a lot of these thank you ladies!
  • AliciaKnits
    AliciaKnits Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne - I'm partial to Alicia as that's my name :) I pronounce it uh-lee-sea-uh, not Alisha as most people pronounce it.

@C_LO211 - DH and I love the name Hailey, like actress Hailey Mills from the original Parent Trap. Had this name picked out for over 10 years since we started dating and talking about baby names.

I'm not pregnant yet though so we still have some time :) And we won't be finding out when we due, will be Team Green till birth.
  • melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with girl names too. But we landed on Saphira. Means beauty. It's unique and different. But nothing crazy like rainbow. Am pregnant with our 4th baby but leaving the gender a surprise. For a girl name we are considering Kate. Some other girl names were Audrina, Juilliana, Deliyana, Katyln, Kalyla.
  • thegirlwthegreenapple
    Options
    My daughter is Aurora and we sometimes call her Rorie for short. It's classic but uncommon, and the name vs nickname is fun.
  • peonypinkteapot
    peonypinkteapot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some of my favourites; Everley, Grace, Isla, Amelia, Charlotte, Vivienne, Eliette
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I always said if I have a girl her name would be Dahlia
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Charlotte, Leslie, Madelaine, Jane, Sherri, Elizabeth, Cecile, Glory, Andrea, Melanie, Vanessa...

I have too many girls names I like (that's not even all of them). But I can't land on a single boys name I like.

AH! I just found a boys name I like! Dale :) Yay. Now to see if someone else is on board...
  • Swanwave
    Swanwave Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think the goddess name, Minerva, is pretty and then she can be Minnie for short which is super cute.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Bringing back the name discussion. I'm having a boy and I've decided on Evan Geoffrey. But it really stinks that I never got to use my girl name. I've been holding it in reserve for 6 years. 3 boys later I'm giving up on it.

Had any of my baby's been a girl her name would have been Quin Jordan or Quin Charlotte. I now you can use Quin for a boy, but I just don't like it for a boy.
  • lesleykc
    lesleykc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We named our first daughter Ingrid and the girl we have on the way will either be Heidi, Lila, Rhiannon, Louisa or Damaris. We definitely have favorites in that list!
    We couldn't come up with a boy's name so I guess it's good we won't need it. I don't like the popular boy's names right now like Jayden, Kayden, Mason and the ever present Jaxon!! We know 3 Jaxons in our circle of friends alone!
    I'm very partial to names that are classic, untrendy and are good names for an adult. With no messing with spelling! No additional letters or symbols or yooooneek spellings for me!
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lesleykc wrote: »
    We named our first daughter Ingrid and the girl we have on the way will either be Heidi, Lila, Rhiannon, Louisa or Damaris. We definitely have favorites in that list!
    We couldn't come up with a boy's name so I guess it's good we won't need it. I don't like the popular boy's names right now like Jayden, Kayden, Mason and the ever present Jaxon!! We know 3 Jaxons in our circle of friends alone!
    I'm very partial to names that are classic, untrendy and are good names for an adult. With no messing with spelling! No additional letters or symbols or yooooneek spellings for me!

Those are lovely names! I have the same issues with picking boys names. They just aren't cutting it for me these days. Unfortunately, my husband and I like different boys names too. Today I thought maybe Milo. But hubs likes Miles better... but I generally don't like the ending of "S" with a last name starting with "H" haha.
  • Swanwave
    Swanwave Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have 2 boy's names we like: Lynx and Zephyr(nickname Zeph).
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    We like biblical names for our boys, then have a unique name for our little girl.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We are due in February and have picked out Bria for a girl and Quintin (Quinn for a nicknane) for a boy. When we were pregnant with my daughter, we had Keegan for the boys name. My daughter's name is Kaylen.
  • SheenaRamone13
    SheenaRamone13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Evie, Pearl, Betsy, Grace, Bettie, Adell, Ramona, Audrey
    I'm 22 weeks with baby #1 and a girl her name is Harleen Quinn, I love all this vintage and comic geeky so it was perfect for us.