Terrible acne after a week on insulite?

Options
Hi,
I am on metformin and dianette, and need to come off these in the next few months as will start TTC. I decided to do 6 months on insulite and then try and come of the my meds. I wasn't expecting any dramatic changes at this stage (especially as I haven't yet got a proper handle on my diet and exercise) but didn't think it would make anything worse...
In the last four days I have developed really bad acne on my neck, back and chest and some on my face (especially jaw line). I do get acne when I am not on dianette, but I am still taking it so it has to be the insulite.
Has anyone else had this happen, either on Insulite or when starting a new supplement?
Thanks,
Pip.

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Insulite (and the only thing I'm finding is some proprietary system that's more than just a single medication or something), but you don't need to go off Metformin to TTC. In fact, it's often beneficial to women with PCOS.

Generally speaking, it's possible the Insulite is interacting with the Dianette (the most likely one to be interacting with, given the symptoms) and making it less effective. It's probably a good idea to double-check both items to ensure there aren't any interactions. If your doctor put you on the Insulite, it's probably also worth talking to them about it.

Also, it might be a good idea to track your food back the past several days. The last time I tried Metformin, it caused food aversions that I didn't pick up on immediately, and resulted in changes in my diet that then resulted in an acne flair-up (since a lot of my acne issues are diet-related).
  • toadoftoadhall
    toadoftoadhall Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks dragonwolf, that's really helpful.