UP calorie count

Options
deb1385
deb1385 Posts: 5 Member
I use the jawbone linked to MyFitnessPal for the exercise calorie adjustments. I recently updated from a UP24 to an UP3 on this past friday, and the calorie counts seem much higher despite the essentially same number of steps.
Taking the active calorie count in the UP software:
UP24:
  • 11/2 5309 steps 300 active calories
  • 11/3 6759 steps 383 active calories
  • 11/4 6543 steps 373 active calories
The up24 was DOA on thursday 11/5
UP3:
  • 11/6 6794 steps 667 active calories
  • 11/7 6744 steps 856 active calories
  • 11/8 2677 steps 400 active calories

I work in a restaurant, and the movements/workload tends to be consistent each day. The only thing i can think of is the up app is now adding calories based on heart rate.

I was curious if anyone else noticed the change in calorie if they switched bands or when the app updated itself?

Replies

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    anything that logs your HR vs just movement is going to be more accurate in my experience with this site.
  • PirateJeni
    PirateJeni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't have my Jawbone yet (it's supposed to be here tonight) but I've used my phone to count steps though the app. I took 3000 steps today (I work in an office and rarely get out of my chair) MFP imported those steps and says I burned 600 calories. I have a hard time believing that is correct.. basically, I'm wondering if it's all guesswork.
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    anything that logs your HR vs just movement is going to be more accurate in my experience with this site.

super!!! I was wondering about this myself! makes sense! thank you!