Single and the holidays

Options
Hello Everyone, my name is Tony and for me being single is bad, but being single around the holidays is the worst.

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be a tough time of year. It's important to keep busy though, makes it much more tolerable.
  • OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm with PJ. The holidays can be rough, but I do my best to stay busy and socialize more with friends. Plus, with all of those parties, you'll probably be meeting new people :)
  • kissfan1544
    kissfan1544 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I understand where you guys are coming from, but the image of being with someone is all over, tv shows, commercials, movies. Believe me I don't want to sound like a whiner but I've been alone out of a relationship for a long time and it just gets to me.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I understand where you guys are coming from, but the image of being with someone is all over, tv shows, commercials, movies. Believe me I don't want to sound like a whiner but I've been alone out of a relationship for a long time and it just gets to me.

I've been single for several years now too, so I can totally relate. Just giving you my two cents on what I do to cope.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I hate how these things are forced upon us. I'm an introvert and my so called "fear of missing out" makes it worse. The message is literally: "Be happy or you're abnormal and worthless". Fvck this. Fvck happiness!

Something to consider if you are really struggling: maybe offer your help a local charity.
    There are people out there who are really struggling and helping them can be rewarding emotionally and mentally (and will also help getting your mind off the consumerism and down-your-throat happiness of this season).