Introduce yourself :)

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
Who are you? How much do you want to lose and why? What is your biggest struggle in this process? How can we help you move forward? :)

Replies

• rayleigh09
    rayleigh09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Rachel, 24 and a mother of an almost 2yr old. I'm currently at 171lbs and would like to lose 51lbs. My main reason for my journey is to get back healthy again. I use to run track all 4yrs in HS and even lettered too. I miss that body and since my daughter I can't fit into anything even 2yrs later. Sad. My biggest struggle is my environment since I live with 3 adults who are not too supporting when it comes to meals. This group will help me get started, stay focused and accountable.
  • mommymorse30
    mommymorse30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ali, I'm 31 years old happily married and have 2 daughters. I am currently @ 277 and I need to lose 110 lbs to get back where I'm am healthy and fit. My biggest struggle is that I have chronic migraines that are debilitating and sometimes that halts my exercise completely. I also don't have many friends either. I could use some friends and motivation.
  • Hanalei711
    Hanalei711 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pam. I am married with 2 girls 9 and 18. It seems once I hit 40 that my weight began to escalate, I am now at my highest at 180(I was 139 when I got pregnant with my youngest). My biggest struggle is sticking to the plan. I know what I need to do, just have a hard time doing it. The weight seems a little harder to get off now than it used to be. I could also use some friends to encourage and motivate me, so please add me.
  • qudoos
    qudoos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi am Ataul, 27,looking to go down 5 Kilos by 12 January 2015 if possible. Challenge has been accepted my colleagues have given me this challenge.
  • jbeason140
    jbeason140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jordan, 19, looking to loose 4 kilos. I don't need to loose to much weight but my main aim is too tone up and have a healthier lifestyle. My biggest struggle is maintaining a plan which ends up in me fluctuating in weight a lot. I struggle finding motivation and I am hoping I can find it. Would love to see how other people are going and what works for them with exercise and food, feel free to add me :)
  • Jenn112358
    Jenn112358 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Jen, and I'm looking to begin by losing 10 pounds. I'm at 230 now (ultimate goal of 130), and just want to prove to myself that it's possible. :smile:
  • jmfloyd2014
    jmfloyd2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm working on dropping 16 lbs to get to a healthy weight. I work full time and have 3 children. My biggest challenges come when I get home in the evening and get caught up in the chaos of dinner, homework, the sink full of dirty dishes, and such. I get frustrated and go off-plan for eating. During the day is not so much of a problem. Glad to be here. J.
  • cemons
    cemons Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Christina and my goal is to lose 33 lbs. I'm just starting and don't have a goal date set, and so the goal challenge of this group jumped out at me. My biggest challenge I think will be recovering from the days when I eat too much or don't exercise as planned. Discouragement is a huge part of any goal, and knowing that success is still possible even after I goof up well prove to be a major factor of my long term weight loss goal.
  • LiliGirl09
    LiliGirl09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Liliana, I'm 39 and looking to lose 12 pounds by spring, doesn't sound like much but when the weight doesn't want to come off and you've tried so many methods, it is very discouraging. Hoping to find motivation and support and give some too. :)
  • groversa
    Options
    Awesome! And my real name is Samantha. I'm a 24 year old teacher of toddlers :) At this point I would like to lose 20 pounds. Hopefully 1 per week. My biggest struggle is sticking with this and staying consistent (which is why having so many accountabilibuddies will be great!) So please, the best way to help me would be to check in with me and making sure that I am working at it! :)
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm Brandi. I am a 22 year old stay at home mom & wife. My goal is to lose 20 more lbs. 1 pound a week would be great I'd be to my goal weight by summer! My biggest problem is sticking with it. I was down to 143 lbs but gained 10 back from giving up and eating whatever i wanted. But I'm still down 26 lbs from where I started and I will NOT gain anymore back. I will try my best to log in every day so I will always be here for motivation and support!
  • holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    hi
    I'm a 22 yrs old student. Currently very close to my goal weight since the summer I lost close to 45 pounds and have 4 more to go (currently 179). Was hoping to accomplish that by the new year but now im not so sure. So i am just going to focus on not gaining it back and slowly brigning the scale down.
  • groversa
    Options
    Hi friends! It has been a week since we started so let's see how you are doing? What have your struggles been this past week? What is a small achievement from this past week and how much have you lost?
  • Jenn112358
    Jenn112358 Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning all! Moving week 1 to the other post. Cheers! :blush:
  • red91471
    red91471 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good evening just joined this evening. My name is Lisa and my current weight is 202lb. I want to get down to 175lb but it has been said my ideal weight suppose to be 140lb. But for a person that had been near 300lb, 175 will be good. It took me 18yrs to get where I'm at now I'm doing this for my health. I'm on 3 blood sugar and 2 high blood pressure medicine and want to get off of them. I near all the help I could get.
  • groversa
    Options
    red91471 wrote: »
    Good evening just joined this evening. My name is Lisa and my current weight is 202lb. I want to get down to 175lb but it has been said my ideal weight suppose to be 140lb. But for a person that had been near 300lb, 175 will be good. It took me 18yrs to get where I'm at now I'm doing this for my health. I'm on 3 blood sugar and 2 high blood pressure medicine and want to get off of them. I near all the help I could get.
    Good luck Lisa, you're going to do great!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My name's Tara. Going to weigh in on Sunday, which will be my start date. Currently at 215, wanting to get to 175. I'm 5-9 so I'll see how I feel at that weight. So that's 40 lbs. I have a hard time keeping at the plan. Knowing what I'm supposed to do and doing it are two different things. I gave two boys 9&6 that I need to keep up with. Night time snacking is my struggle. Nice to "meet" you all.
  • nomorecookies1017
    Options
    My name is Mari, I am 5'5 and 140 pounds. I want to be down to 120 by August 1st. I have gradually gained 20 pounds over 2/3 years and have unsuccessfully tried to lose it. I really appreciate grovesa for starting this group and I am totally game!:)