Determined in December

Options

Replies

• MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    thanks @CostaRica120 He was a rescue dog from the pound, so we aren't entirely sure but we're thinking some Black Lab and some Great Dane...

got in another 25 minutes yesterday...

316/1800
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    @CostaRica120 I bet that feels good! Well done :)
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Did not stick to the nice light raw spring rolls at the Thai restaurant... Went for the buffet and second helpings of dessert. Oops! It was so yum though. Smoothie for dinner tonight and final dress fitting tomorrow.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    I'm sure it will be fine! I broke the plateaux today! Yay for 157
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    Get back on track Sarah! What is it that knocks you off course?

Thanks. I think last weekend was a bit of a perfect storm: high stress and long hours at work, a cold, and PMS (which tends to make me depressed and more apathetic about my own well being). I think the big one is work. I stress eat, mostly wanting chocolate and sugar to make me feel better and then when I don't get home until 8 or 9, my priority becomes cooking dinner for myself and my fiance (my own priority, he would understand if I told him I couldn't do it) or if it's 9, I know it will be 9:30 by the time I get to the gym and I'll be lucky to get in 30 minutes (when I want 45-60) so I do nothing. Last night I didn't leave work until after the gym had closed.

I need to get to bed earlier and start working out in the mornings (keep trying), but I've had more 8 and 9AM meetings, which make it more difficult to get the workouts in and get to work on time.

I finally got in 50 minutes on Wednesday (with warm-up and cool down I probably had 65, but 50 is what I logged. I was actually pretty pleased; I was able to stay at or above 4.5mph for the full 50 minutes (which is good for me, especially given I haven't run for weeks and coming off a cold). Definitely way behind what I wanted, but I want to push myself to pick it up the 2nd half of the month, especially when I'm at my parents and will be doing more snacking (and probably some drinking with the bros and bridesmaids).

Jools, CONGRATS on breaking the plateau!
    Jill, Awesomeness on meeting goal first week! Hopefully the dress fitting goes/went well. How exciting!
    Marla Jean, late condolences on the loss of your furry family member. It's always tough. Great job on getting the minutes in though.
    Lizz, hope you're feeling better (saw wall post) soon and can get back into the workouts.
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    I'm sure it will be fine! I broke the plateaux today! Yay for 157

Woohoo! Keep it going :)
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Think I might be experiencing the mythical woosh?!
    sw 159
    w1 159
    w2 155.6

@brisings86 I totally here you on the long hours and stress, and sweet stuff! The way I break that is early morning workouts. If i've left my bed, and my kids at 5.30am to workout, I'm much less likely to ruin that effort in the evening. That said, I always save 150 calories for and ice cream or chocolate snack after everyone has gone to bed.

• brisingr86
    Options
    Way to go Jools! That's awesome progress. Thanks for the tip on the early morning workouts, I just have to get myself back into the habit (not staying up until midnight would probably help).
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Think I might be experiencing the mythical woosh?!
    sw 159
    w1 159
    w2 155.6

Love that woosh!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Did A LOT of eating over the last few days, so am up a few lbs on the scale :( Lots of social things going on and I couldn't resist. Came of my smoothie fast and fell face first into take out and cookies. haha.
    I picked up my dress on Friday, so now I have a big poofy reminder hanging in my closet. My wedding is coming up SO quick. Super excited but totally freaked out. My entire weight journey has been so full of ups and downs, but every time I go up on the scale I feel like I won't be able to go back down! I know a lot is water weight, but it still makes me feel guilty/nervous. I ate well yesterday and have been running/walking on the treadmill every day. Up to 128 this morning but def want to get back down to 125 asap! I know it's not worth stressing because no one else can notice those few lbs, but I can FEEL them. It's so funny how I go up a couple lbs and feel like my thighs are touching more..my pants are too tight, etc. Mostly in my head! But overall doing good. Not too much more wedding stuff to get ready, and our families get into town next week...and I'm off work after this week through to the new year, so that will be awesome!
    Back for my official weigh in tomorrow :) Let's have a great week, ladies!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well-wishes. It turns out I have a sinus infection. I should be perking up in a day or so though, since I finally saw my doc. I shouldn't have put it off so long! December has been really challenging for me also because of all the parties and cookies floating around. I broke the no-alcohol rule already. :/ It's hard to be motivated when you're feeling run down. Also, at work, we've lost three employees and are laying off a third. I hate it when staff turnover comes in waves because it means I have to work 12 hr shifts to compensate. But I'm grateful some of these guys are leaving. There will be less drama at work with them gone.

How is everyone doing with the holiday eating? Do you guys have a plan for Christmas eating? Good luck for the mid-month weigh in!

fitfor30th>>Hooray for woosh!
    Brisinger>> I hope you feel better soon! And I hope work gets easier for you too. I feel like we must be having similar weeks. Haha.
    MsMarlaJean>> I'm sorry about your dog. He sounds like a wonderful friend. I know he will be missed.
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    SW: 132.6
    GW: 125

W1: 124.8
    W2: 128.0

Def having a hard time resisting all the holiday treats that are coming at me from every direction. Doing a lot of walking, a little running, some squats and just wanting to melt off these few lbs.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    a bit behind on logging my minutes here and I'll have to go back and catch up on all that I've been missing with you lovely ladies...but for now to catch up my minutes...

492/1800
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    crap, I'm screwing up this week! I did fine monday, pass my phd on Tuesday, had churos and chocolate, chinese take away, prosecco and turkish delight!

Then today we had a work xmas buffet thing, did ok, students had a bake sale, had to buy something, went to the xmas markets and had baileys hot chocolate and a cocktail, now munching on chocolate :(

Ok, back on it tomorrow. I was going to fast, but i think it will be more effective to eat healthily so I've preprepared my breakfast and lunch. Chia porridge and juice, chicken wrap and salad. Also I did a good workout on Monday and got up early this morning to do half an hour of kettle bells at home, so keeping the exercise!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    crap, I'm screwing up this week! I did fine monday, pass my phd on Tuesday, had churos and chocolate, chinese take away, prosecco and turkish delight!

Congrats on the PhD!!! I think you totally deserve a little celebration :)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    I second Jill. That's a HUGE accomplishment. It's good to let yourself celebrate with some indulgences. Sounds like you have a good attitude for getting back on track with some healthy eating and keeping the exercise. Congrats on the PhD! You had your celebration and now you're ready to get back to normal. You're doing great.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Oh my, sounds like we are all experiencing high levels of Stress! and stuff going on with work, illnesses, wedding date approaching, PhDs and Holidaze! Thank you all for the Doggy Condolences, he's in a better place. GOOSFRABA!

I'm gonna send out positive thoughts, well wishes, relaxation vibes and hearty prayers for you all! GREAT BIG virtual Huggles too!

@fitfor30th GREAT big Kudos on your PhD, that's an awesome accomplishment! good job keeping up the exercise!

@Alioth my plans for this holiday season are to up my cardio and if necessary on the days of festivities I may do some intermittent fasting, it seemed to work for me last year when I did it in small doses.

Getting in plenty of minutes I just might be able to reach my goal! I'm at 825/1800 as of this afternoon! :mrgreen: Going to a short 30 minute Elite Fit/TRX class tonight too!

The workout plan is to stick to the double duty thru next Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday I will do only one workout, but try and do at least 75 minute workouts I'll have a rest day on Christmas and then if I keep up the 75 minute workouts through the end of the month I should be able to reach my minutes goal!

Hope you all have a Fantabulous Festive Friday and a Winter Wonder Weekend!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    arrrrrgh, was good thurs and fri, bad all weekend back to being good today. I think I'm now into damage limitation for the rest of December, but not weighing until January! I've signed up with a trainer at the gym for January where he monitors your diet daily and lets you now if its good etc. Thought that would be good for accountability because January is actually my worst month diet wise and I need to send my dress measurements in early Feb.

Hope you're all doing ok!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Busy, busy here!
    Forgot to check in yesterday but have been doing ok-ish here.. Family in town so there will be holiday eating but have been working out and maintaining at the weight I was at my final fitting which is most important. 1 week to go!!! So excited! Gonna probably smoothie fast again for Mon-Wed before the wedding to make sure there's no bloating going on.

W: 132.6
    GW: 125

W1: 124.8
    W2: 128.0
    W2: 127.6

Hope you ladies have a wonderful Christmas!!!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Ugh, hit a wall! I did my 32 minute evening workout on Friday and then 120 on Sunday so that brings me to
    977/1800
    but I haven't been feeling the greatest and I've been sluggish and tired since Monday, so haven't worked out and in order to make the 1800 by Dec 31st I would have to workout an hour and a half every day from today on, :dizzy: I just don't see that happening...

As for the rest of my goals, did ok on adding in more protein, horrible on the planning 3 days ahead, great on the water intake and when I was working out I was doing great...

Gonna start working on my New Year's plans, but until then I will keep plugging away with what I can do!

@CostaRica120 I'm so excited for you! I can't even imagine...hang in there and along with all the Happy Holiday wishes, here's to an absolutely beautiful wedding in the upcoming week!

Merry Christmas everyone!