Welcome to the new 50+ pounds to lose group!

Options
cobwebel
cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
Hello MFPers!

The active and awesome 50+ pounds to lose group mysteriously vanished over the last week or so. I loved the support in that community and decided to create a new group for the same purpose.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and supporting each other!

Replies

• lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group again. I was wondering what happened to the group.
  • cobwebel
    cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group again. I was wondering what happened to the group.

No prob! I didn't want to see it disappear since it was so active.
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I too have been looking for this group and am also grateful to see it reresurrected. It might be worth posting an update on our status's so other group members can find it as I'm sure several group members are in our friends lists :smiley:
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @cobwebel! <3:)<3
  • Want2bSlimmer
    Want2bSlimmer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    New here & looking forward to getting to know you all & sharing our 50lb journeys :)
  • kristendalcoba
    kristendalcoba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to MFP and this forum. I hope to meet a lot of new friends as we go on this weight loss journey. :/
  • redpanda10
    redpanda10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this group. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing this weight loss journey. :)
  • yosem
    yosem Posts: 91 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I was managing the "Game of Wellness for November" in the old group. I was sick all last week, and did not access the computer. Needless to say... I was quite shocked today when I logged-in to MFP and couldn't find the group, to do the last report for our game. Wow! Does anyone know what happened?

Indeed, Thank you Cobwebel for restarting the group.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Hope you don't mind if I join you. It is a real challenge for me to change my eating habits. I'm nursing, so I'm HUNGRY all the time. I put on a lot of postpartum weight. At 5'1, my current weight is too much for my frame.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Starting weight: 170
    Current: 166
    Goal: 120
  • elizabethmchenry9
    elizabethmchenry9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to jump back on the health train. I lost 50 lbs two years ago and maintained for about 9 months but then a change is jobs and family health issues allowed me to get off my game and the weight came back on. I've never been thin, even when I was in commerce sports but I miss feeling strong and I feel like I am missing out on so much because of my weight. My goal is to be to go zip lining in the summer (the is a weight limit to do it). I'm looking forward to having all of you as my support system and motivation!
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That is a great goal, Elizabeth! Mine is to play at the beach with my son this summer and not be self-conscious about my appearance. . . And to get new clothes (I miss buying new things for myself, but I don't want to buy clothes for the size I am now). I have to say my weight loss is going too slowly for me; I'm afraid I might get frustrated and just give up. This is why those end goals are so important to visualize:)
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    thanks for recreating the group! if anyone needs the google doc link to the 2017 Challenge.i'll post it.since the group disappeared i'm not sure if anyone will still be doing it.
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    2017 challenge? I would like to checkout the google doc link. I have lost 43 lbs so now I have only 57 lbs to go. Been on a new lifestyle since Aug. Started 4 yrs. ago to take it all off and then got diagnosed with cancer. Instead I gained it all back and more. This is it turning 60 in Feb. and I need to take it off. I hope to be 180 lbs by my birthday. Hubby is retiring next year and I can not be on so many expensive pills. I have to get my health back.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Brin1956 wrote: »
    2017 challenge? I would like to checkout the google doc link. I have lost 43 lbs so now I have only 57 lbs to go. Been on a new lifestyle since Aug. Started 4 yrs. ago to take it all off and then got diagnosed with cancer. Instead I gained it all back and more. This is it turning 60 in Feb. and I need to take it off. I hope to be 180 lbs by my birthday. Hubby is retiring next year and I can not be on so many expensive pills. I have to get my health back.

here is the link for the 2017 challenge from before this group somehow managed to vanish.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vEu6tEEJRW7gtCZ52L8gRqTV3EB2OBHpKJHZ9N6mf9U/edit?pli=1#gid=0
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for recreating this group!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I no longer need to lose 50 pounds. I have lost 118 pounds and have 42 pounds to go. But I loved the old group. So can I still join?
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I no longer need to lose 50 pounds. I have lost 118 pounds and have 42 pounds to go. But I loved the old group. So can I still join?
    Heck yes! We need to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we'd love your advise and support as you're just a few steps ahead of us on this journey. We'd love to have you throw us rope to hoist ourselves out of this collective hole we've dug ourselves into; we'll all benefit from your voice of wisdom that comes with experience.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My main advice is simple. Log it all accurately (weigh in grams) and don't give up! The closer I get to goal the more frequently I have pauses and long plateaus of 6 weeks or more. I lost the first 90 pretty easily, and then it became quite slow. Now I drop, plateau, repeat. I will check to see if I am getting lazy with my exercise or tracking when plateaued. If not I don't change a thing. It will eventually catch up and I start losing again.
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

here is the link for the 2017 challenge from before this group somehow managed to vanish.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vEu6tEEJRW7gtCZ52L8gRqTV3EB2OBHpKJHZ9N6mf9U/edit?pli=1#gid=0[/quote]

I wanted to join but I guess I'm not smart enough to figure this out????
  • AlyxMarie1
    AlyxMarie1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I everyone Im new here. I used MFP several years ago but never stuck with it so this year Im going to really try and lose the 50lbs that seem to just keep coming. Im 18 right now and am really worried about my weight. I also spend a lot of time with kids so I would like to be in shape enough to run around and play with them.