protein shakes that are safe while pregnant?

Options
I really don't eat a lot of meat. if anything I eat chicken or hamburger twice a week.
are there any protein shakes I can drink?

Replies

• EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like processed things so I wouldn't know about shakes, but eggs are good too! I have them for breakfast every day and sometimes for a snack too. And lentils, chickpeas, cheese, nuts. It all adds up.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have consumed protein shakes all throughout my pregnancy, as well as protein bars. So have a few of my other pregnant friends here on mfp. Most of us seem to stick to basic whey protein powders without any "extra's" added in (stimulant's, creatine, appetite suppressants, etc.). I use Promasil Rivalus, others have used Muscle milk (a pre-made shake), musclepharm or others. I eat simply whey protein bars and quest protein bars. You can talk to your OB about it. Mine didn't have any advice or opinions on the matter, just says everything in moderation.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've used protein shakes/bars with my first pregnancy, and am doing the same. I just stick to MRM natural protein or Optimum Nutrition's Natural whey protein as well. As for protein bars, I like the Simply Protein ones. But I don't have bars often.

I think it's a personal choice. I'm ok doing that but maybe some other women wouldn't. That said, I stick to the ones without all the added stuff in them.