Don't know what to do

Options
It's been a year since my surgery I lost a total of 43lbs not sure what I'm doing or not doing right. Even now I can see that I'm able to eat almost a full meal without trouble. It's like I'm not going reach my goal at all. What can I do been stalled for the last 5months.

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You're on MFP, but do you track your food? I mean, use a kitchen scale, weigh your portions, and record every bite? If you are estimating, it won't help.

If you don't know exactly what and how much you are eating, it's much harder. Start from there.

If you want to lose, you have to eat less. The solution to that is really difficult. For now, just take the first step.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    I would also go back to my doctor if I were you. If he/she doesn't help, I would go in for a consult with another doctor. I have a friend who was in a similar situation, and she found out that her doctor didn't take enough of her stomach out along with some other issues.
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the 5DPT? A lot of people on other groups/boards have had success with the 5 Day Pouch Test. It is supposed to help you reset your pouch/sleeve. 5daypouchtest.com I think you can also buy the book on Amazon.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    dashonelle wrote: »
    It's been a year since my surgery I lost a total of 43lbs not sure what I'm doing or not doing right. Even now I can see that I'm able to eat almost a full meal without trouble. It's like I'm not going reach my goal at all. What can I do been stalled for the last 5months.

I read your post and it was so familiar! I am about 16 months out of surgery and I found that I can eat way more than I ever thought I would be able to again. I also feel hungry --- something others post that they do not feel since surgery. I had to go back to what worked. If I stay under 50 grams of carbs daily and increase my protein while moderately limiting fats, then I will lose. I have also found that breaking up exercise into morning and evening sessions really helps me too. Best wishes --- we can do this!