calories

Options
ok im 47 316# how many calories a day would you eat if you were me for exercise i walk 1 or 2 miles 5x a week

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hard to say since I was a 47 y/o female with just under 100 pounds to lose. I'd start with the BMR calculator on MFP. Eat at least as many calories as your BMR suggests while getting at least 90ish g of protein. Let your exercise and daily activity take care of the rest.
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My surgeon has me at 900 calories. Now if you excercise, you can eat 1/4 of your calories burned back (according to my nutritionist). I would recommend asking your surgeon, since he would know more about your surgery and nutritional requirements.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    MFP can give you a base amount to work with, of course though, it's based on a non-surgical patient. since all of us are different, your best advice would come from your surgeon and nutritionist
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I saw my surgeon last Friday. He wants me to stick to 1200-1300 calories a day, and I am a bit over two years out. Your surgeon really is the best person to ask!
  • gardendoc
    gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd go with what your surgeon and support staff have set up for you. I would not deviate from their plan
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming that you are still trying to lose quite a bit. If you are, I would not go over 900 calories. 700-800 is better. And do not, ever, eat back exercise calories. That's just a trap, and you'll regret it.
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming that you are still trying to lose quite a bit. If you are, I would not go over 900 calories. 700-800 is better. And do not, ever, eat back exercise calories. That's just a trap, and you'll regret it.

• tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    went to my 3 mo post op nut visit sw was 385 now 312 she said 1000 calories a day is good for my size and acrivity level and stay away from slider foods and gave me tips on my head hunger
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    So glad you saw the nutritionist!