NSVs! Post your Non-Scale Victories Here!

Options

Replies

• elizabethmchenry9
    elizabethmchenry9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My percentages - which technically are measured on the scale so I don't know if they count - are looking excellent. As Debs (debsbiggs) pointed out to me, they're an indicator of health, fitness, and doing this right. Being healthy was always my goal, so to see proof of it in my body comp is just really exciting to me.

[Body Fat: 40% > 24.9%, Muscle Mass: 24% > 33.4%, Water Mass: 26% > 45.1% and Bone Density: 7.2lbs to 6.8lbs. Total of 40inches lost all over my body]

What scale do you use? I think those numbers would be really helpful during a plateau
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    On Thursday I had to park on the third floor of our parking structure at work as I got in a bit later. I usually get a ground floor spot. A few months ago I would have been out of breath when I got up the stairs. I realized that when I got to the third floor, I was barely breathing faster than normal! I breezed up so quick! I am just a walker - that is all the exercise I do! It's so important to stick to it because after a few months, you will be able to see and feel the progress that you have made!
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ashafraz wrote: »
    I bought a dress a couple of months ago that was a smaller size than I usually wear. I tried it on yesterday and it was way too big! I barely got to wear it, but it's going to my donate pile.

Also, I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving!

This is awesome! Maybe you can resell the dress and get another in a smaller size!
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Some of my scrubs were a little looser. So I tried on my old ones that were too tight. Now they fit :)
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I went to the dr for a check up and usually they can't find my vein that easily because of my huge fatty arms lol well this time not only did she find it I could actually see the vein before she stuck me lol I know weird but something that I always felt with. No more of that!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My percentages - which technically are measured on the scale so I don't know if they count - are looking excellent. As Debs (debsbiggs) pointed out to me, they're an indicator of health, fitness, and doing this right. Being healthy was always my goal, so to see proof of it in my body comp is just really exciting to me.

[Body Fat: 40% > 24.9%, Muscle Mass: 24% > 33.4%, Water Mass: 26% > 45.1% and Bone Density: 7.2lbs to 6.8lbs. Total of 40inches lost all over my body]

What scale do you use? I think those numbers would be really helpful during a plateau

Um, it doesn't say and I can't find the box. They were just ones I bought from my local pharmacy when I stood on the corner of my old ones and broke them. I would like to point out that they were already about 15 years old when I broke them.

However, they weren't expensive, about £20/$35 so I think you can pretty much get any ones that do those functions and be gold. I just wouldn't rely too much on the numbers they tell you because sometimes they can be off but focus on the actual percentage changes (like each time you lose/gain a %) instead. :smile:
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    18 months ago I needed a seat belt extension on a plane. Earlier this week I not only had an extra 10 inches on the belt but I sat comfortably in the middle seat!
  • cobwebel
    cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    18 months ago I needed a seat belt extension on a plane. Earlier this week I not only had an extra 10 inches on the belt but I sat comfortably in the middle seat!

Wow!!! Huge accomplishment! Way to go!
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing my wedding ring!
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have always HATED the 40 minute stretch workout in TurboFire. To me, it feels more like 30 minutes of horrendous body-weight strength training, and 10 minutes of stretching. It has always gotten my heart rate as high as cardio workouts do, and I would be shaking and exhausted and hating every second of it (until the 10 minutes of relaxing stretching lol)...I recently decided to follow the workout schedule for TurboFire again, and yesterday was the 40 minute stretch day. I was dreading it. BUT...after working out consistently for 6 solid months, it wasn't so bad! I still wouldn't say I loved it, but my heart rate didn't even reach the cardio zone, and I wasn't shaking and exhausted halfway through. It was doable. I haven't lost as much weigh as I would like - I'm having a tough time with my eating -- but this was a very clear indication that I am improving my health and ability to DO things!!! Pretty exciting stuff! :)
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I went to see my GP today and he hadn't seen me since about...August? I've lost nearly 40lbs since then (54lbs total) so he was very shocked and very proud. He was also very impressed with how much I've improved my lung capacity and how committed I've been to my exercise regime. He was the one who weighed me at my heaviest so it was really great to show him how hard I've worked.
  • LoriGarside
    LoriGarside Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I found a bunch of seated exercise videos that allow me to work out safely, without stressing my back, knees, or hips. I've lost 1 inch in my bust, waist, hips, arms, and legs, since September! As someone physically limited, this is a major victory!
  • LoriGarside
    LoriGarside Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Put on a pair of jeans that have been tight for a year and they're LOOSE!! Yay!!
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My 19yr old daughter told me she's getting jealous of my tummy as it's starting to get flatter (in the next breather she told me I still have love handles, but I'm focusing on the positives) :smiley:
  • mollylautz
    mollylautz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I, out of complete desperation because I haven't done laundry in forever, had to grab a pair of pants from years ago. And they not only fit but are bordering on baggy! Woot woot!!!!! Happy dance! Congrats to all on your victories!
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    swam for 1 full hour last night
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    have to buy a belt to hold up my jeans they are getting that loose
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but I think it is a victory, so here it goes. It has been a really tough week. I accepted a promotion at work on a trial basis, and the difference in stress and workload between a middle management position and an executive position is enormous. My son's best friend was diagnosed with lymphoma this week; they are both in the ninth grade and have been best buds since kindergarten. My heart just bleeds, and I cannot help it, or change it or make it better. And top of this, today my husband told me that I am frumpy and unattractive and he no longer finds me desirable. It's been a lot to take in.

If there was ever a time when I needed to crawl under the covers with a carton of ice cream and just give up, this would be it. But I did my exercises (yoga and walking), and I ate within my calorie allowance, and I did not give up.

I think that is a victory, as the easy days are easy. The hard days aren't, and sticking with it on the hard days is the difference between quitting and moving forward.
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Noticed while laying on my side I can put my hand between my thighs without fat stopping it. I haven't been this wait for 20 yrs or more
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the NSV's!!! You are all very inspirational!

To bluenoser...use this time to rock the promotion and be supportive of your son. As for hubby, use his words as motivation NOT as an excuse. YOU MATTER!!!