Ezekiel Bread

Options
pennysteed
pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
Has anyone tried Ezekiel Bread? I cannot find it in the local store and I want to make sure that I like it before I invest all of the time required making my own. I guess I am curious what the taste compares to. I liked really hearty wheat breads before surgery. Is it comparable?

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I like it as toast...not so much without some preparation. If you liked a hearty, grainy bread you'd probably like Ezekiel. It is in the freezer section (if you hadn't tried that already).
  • pennysteed
    Options
    Amanda, I just moved to Germany, so I am being forced to find all of my favorites. My next trip to the grocery store I will look and the first bakery I find, I am also going to look at. I have a cookbook for Ezekiel Bread that I intend on using, I just want to make sure I like it before investing in a 220V bread machine. Thank you for the description though and Merry Christmas.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I found this thread when I Googled...it might help you identify some sources.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/137658-availability-of-ezekiel-bread-in-germany/
  • pennysteed
    Options
    Thank you for the link. I just checked it out and saved it for future reference.
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is better toasted. It is very dense and grainy.