I want Liposuction to Rid Insulin Lipohypertrophy!

Options
Lipohypertrophy: a medical term that refers to a lump under the skin caused by accumulation of extra fat at the site of many subcutaneous injections of insulin.

I've had diabetes for 22 years. I have lipohypertrophy on both sides of my belly button. I hate it. It's ugly. It bothers me every second. It is preventing me from having a nice body with a nice belly. I've had endos say it will never go away. I've had diabetes nurses say it will go away with time by avoiding that injection site. Well it's been 8 months avoiding that site. No changes at all. I want liposuction for Christmas this year. OMG I would be so happy to get rid of this lipohypertrophy. I would eat a piece of **** to get rid of it - that's how bad i want it gone! lol

Anybody get lipo done for this? Anybody get rid of theirs by avoiding the site for so long? (how long?)

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have it in the same spot on both sides of my belly button...... But lypo is an expensive alternative don't ya think.....?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I have it in the same spot on both sides of my belly button...... But lypo is an expensive alternative don't ya think.....?

Well im beginning to think it's causing me mental issues.....maybe it could be covered for me as a medical issue.
  • stacey_copp
    stacey_copp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello did you ever go ahead with this? Im new to the group but I have been diabetic for 21 years and have the same on my stomach. I stopped using the sites years ago but nothing changed.