12/29 Day 277 Wednesday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning, Everyone! We haven't had a food challenge in a little bit so we are gonna look for different ways to get a healthy lunch!

Today's Challenge:
Think up various ways to get a healthy lunch

Sometimes it is hard to get a healthy lunch. Whether its expensive to buy, to bulky to carry, or can't bring one of your own! Figure out ways and foods that may work out for you better :)

Replies

• meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I already packed my lunch for today but I could use advice for Thursday. I'm driving 12 hours to see family in North Carolina and I typically have bad eating habits when I drive on long trips. Any advice for how to eat healthy on the road? I think I might pack a cooler. (I don't like sandwiches and I don't make good choices when I stop to eat out)
  • marechavala042
    marechavala042 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My problem is when I'm home for lunch I tend to over eat because the whole kitchen is available to me. Any suggestions on how to avoid the temptation?
  • jennifermsizemore5
    Options
    I already packed my lunch for today but I could use advice for Thursday. I'm driving 12 hours to see family in North Carolina and I typically have bad eating habits when I drive on long trips. Any advice for how to eat healthy on the road? I think I might pack a cooler. (I don't like sandwiches and I don't make good choices when I stop to eat out)

I heard a tip once from a Doctor... When you know youryour only option will be fast food, look at their menu before you even leave. Decide what you will order and do not stray from that.

• JennyFromMaine
    JennyFromMaine Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I plan my day out. Pack everything from snacks to meals in my lunch box then eat what I want when I can. I know everything I packed is something I can have so I don't have to think. Taking the guess work out of it helps me. If I start thinking, I over think everything and end up sabotaging myself.
  • LoveMeMore2016
    LoveMeMore2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you are traveling, eat before you hit the road and I would pack some things like homemade burritos, you can do breakfast food and lunch food. For breakfast, do something like scrambled eggs with onions and peppers and grilled chicken, for lunch, maybe leave out the eggs and add black beans. Both of them are high with protein and will leave you full longer.
    And as far as eating while you are home for lunch, well, I have been home this week because of Christmas break, I fix a protein shake around 10:00 am and it really keeps me full until around 3 or so and when I feel a little hungry, I grab some fruit or some popcorn or even peanuts, make something like a grill cheese sandwich and some soup, planning is the key though. Always go in the kitchen with a plan.