June 2016 mums

Options
Hi, I am expecting baby number 4 in June 2016 and would love some motivation and support to keep weight gain reasonable!

I am the heaviest I have ever been (BMI 32), and I was just starting a new diet/fitness regime in September when the kids went back to school and then I got that little surprise in the form of two pink lines.... I really want to have a homebirth again, so I want to keep the weight gain to a healthy minimum rather than put on 50 pounds again. I have too many other low risk factors working against me (like my age, which I cannot control) so I have to try and do something about the ones I can affect.

Is anyone else due around June and wanting a fit and healthy pregnancy???

Replies

• saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am. I also have a 9 month old and never lost the weight I put on with her. I'm also at my heaviest and need to gain minimal, if any, weight.
  • devvypoodle
    devvypoodle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a June mommy to be
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I am as well! I have a very busy two year old so finding time to exercise is my biggest challenge.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I find fitting in time for exercise difficult too, with work and three kids already. But this summer I got an exercise bike which I have been trying to use for at least 20 min every evening. Telling myself it is just 20 minutes means I am less likely to skip it than if I was aiming for something more, and if I do it over a week that still adds up to 2 hours and 20 min of exercise.

I just bought the Tracey Anderson DVDs too, but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

Still no weight gain at 11 weeks.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Emma, I like the idea of doing at least 20 minutes of exercise a day. I have a bike and some weights in my basement and there's really no reason I couldn't do at least a short workout every day, especially now that my son is sleeping in a little later. I used to workout every day before my son was born, so I know I could do it again if I build it in to my routine. I'm going to start making it a priority to get in at least a quick workout every morning (or evening if the morning doesn't work out).
  • EmmaDetermined
    Options
    Yes, even if I don't manage to do it every day, aiming at doing it every day helps me achieve a lot more than if I didn't try at all! I still haven't managed to find the time/motivation to try the exercise DVDs - I have an exam coming up next week so perhaps after that will be easier. The extreme fatigue seems to be lifting too - thankfully!

Week 12 today and weight the same as last week (so down about 2kg since LMP). Seeing my consultant for the first time on Wednesday. I live in the UK and here we are normally managed by a midwife only unless we are high risk, and I am classed as high risk as I have 3 low risk factors, one of which is being overweight (other two being age>35 and pregnancy no. 4). So I am preparing myself for a telling off, but feel better for having maintained my weight (small loss)/eaten very healthily/exercised.
  • EmmaDetermined
    Options
    I had my first scan today. It never seizes to amaze me how many ways I feel fat in - now I can add the "poor visibility" on the US report to my collection..... Next scan in 2 months so now I have to concentrate on not making the visibility worse for then!
  • EmmaDetermined
    Options
    How are you getting on?
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Hi all! My attempts to exercise more have gone pretty well, but the holiday eating has thrown me way off. I'm up 7 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, which is more than I was hoping for at this point (I'm 16 weeks). It's not so much the weight itself, but it's proof that all the bad eating I've been doing (too much cookies and candy, not enough veggies) has caught up with me. I'm back to logging after taking a break over Christmas and it's helping already.

On happier news I've started to feel some kicks--anyone else? They are still very infrequent but it's enough to make this start to feel real.
  • EmmaDetermined
    Options
    Yes, I have been feeling flutters since 13 weeks (beign my 4th, I know what to feel for) but real kicks now! So nice and reassuring!

Don't fret if you are a bit heavier after Christmas. I cut down on fruit, which I normally eat a lot of, in an attempt to cut down carbs so that I could increase protein and still be within daily limits. It really slowed my system down, so I started eating more fruit again. My weight had crept up over Christmas, but since eating more fruit and getting my intestines back to normal (sorry TMI) I am lighter again. I weighed myself this morning and I was a pound less! I don't think this has anything to do with actual bodyfat, but still nice to see as I was starting to think that the steep uphill climb on those scale numbers was here to stay.

I am now aiming to burn 500 calories on my bike every day (I actually do 550 as the bike's estimated calorie count is probably a bit off). ATM I am eating it all back (holiday treats), but I may eat back only 350 of them after New Year, if I gain too fast.