Negative adjustments not working

Options
mmghanna1
mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
I have negative adjustments enabled, but today it's not working. It's set at 0 but I should have a negative adjustment. I checked my settings and it's set to enabled still. Is this happening to anyone else? It's lunch time in Australia and I haven't exercised yet, so that's why I should have a negative adjustment. Maybe people in the US will see this in the morning? Unless it's just me.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you at least seeing the steps accounted for and not set at the minimum intake amount? You might need to disconnect and reconnect your Fitbit from MFP.
  • mmghanna1
    Options
    Fitbit is syncing with mfp just fine, it's just that mfp isn't giving me a negative adjustment like it should. My steps and calories burned from Fitbit are all there in mfp.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Did you look at the math that MFP is using to calculate your adjustment? That's also where you look to see what time the last sync between MFP and Fitbit was. Without that information, it's hard to tell whether there is actually a problem or not. Unless you've got your MFP activity level set quite high, you don't necessarily have to exercise to get a positive adjustment. I have MFP set to Sedentary and just normal morning activity will get it into the positive range well before lunchtime.

(To look at the math, go to the exercise page of the website and click on the little 'i' next to Fitbit Calorie Adjustment. You can also get to it from the diary page of the phone app.)
  • mmghanna1
    Options
    I understand what you're saying. At the time I did check the numbers, and there definitely should have been a negative adjustment. I've had a Fitbit for a year, so I'm used to how it works :) I slept in today so wasn't active in the morning. I wasn't very clear - I meant I woke up late and didn't exercise or was active, so expected a negative adjustment. When I checked the numbers it confirmed there should have been one. Anyway it's night time for me - hopefully tomorrow it will be okay.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    It sounds like an MFP glitch then, if MFP said there should be a negative adjustment and there wasn't one.
  • mmghanna1
    Options
    I figured out the problem. Yesterday I lowered my kilojoule goal to lose weight faster. I saw this note on the website, which I didn't notice before:

"Fitbit Kilojoule Adjustment
    Your adjustment has been reduced to keep your goal above our 5021 kilojoule minimum"

So that's why there was no negative adjustment. My bad :)