Alittle about yourself!

Options

Replies

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 39 years old and 5'3". I gained an obscene amount of weight over 5 years working full-time while simultaneously juggling graduate school/family. It's amazing how much damage long-term stress does to the body.

Highest weight: 181.5 lbs
    Current weight 171.5 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Heaviest weight (as of 7/7/14): 200.2

Currently weight (as of 12/30): 155.6

Goal weight: 140

Hello! My name is Tracye and I live in Texas. I am 32 and have been married for 7 years. My husband and I have been living a healthy lifestyle for 1.5 years now. I love it. I love running, I love working out, and I love feeling better about myself. My goal weight was originally 150, but I am pretty close now. I have decided to keep going and go for 140. I'm 5'2" so I will see how I feel there. Happy New Years everyone. I hope to hear from everyone often!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen, I turned 50 just before Christmas and if that isn't depressing enough for me this weight is. I have 2 children my daughter is 14 and son 13. We are going to Disneyland in Feb. so hoping to drop some of this by then so I can keep up to my kids.
    I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and it is getting cold here I guess winter couldn't stay away forever.
    I am at my heaviest now, even when I was pregnant I didn't weigh this much, no one in my family has a weight problem so I find it very hard to stick to any type of weight loss program.

Starting weight 250 lbs
    when I met my husband 20 years ago I was 150
    I know it is a lot but eventually I would like to be about the same, but at this point I would be happy with anything under 200 then go from there
  • Mrs_Vad3r
    Mrs_Vad3r Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Monika
    26 years old
    Heaviest weight 210 (I was pregnant)
    Start weight 200
    Goal weight 135(maybe less depends on how I feel at 135)
    Current weight somewhere around 150 ( I'll know for sure Friday)

I am 5'5 and have lost about 50 pounds since June. This last month I have been up and down with weight gaining and losing the last 6 pounds. I would really like to be to my goal of 135 by my daughters first birthday in April.

Feel free to add me, I have a 256 day streak
  • msfvillalobos
    msfvillalobos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heaviest weight: 225

Starting weight: 201.8

Currently weight (as of 12/30): 201.8

Goal weight: 170

I'm 5'4 and 36 years old. I have really been trying to live a healthier lifestyle over since the beginning of November and I am down just over 23 pounds. I have about 32 pounds to go to get to my goal weight! I travel a lot for my job, but luckily the next 6 weeks I will not be traveling much so this will give me time to focus on me and get back into my routines after being at my parents house for almost 2 weeks! Good luck everyone! I look forward to reading about everyone's success and motivating each other!
  • Joeanne96707
    Joeanne96707 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Joeanne. I live in Hawaii!
    28 years old, turning 29 next month
    Height: 5'4

Heaviest weight: 200 (pregnant)
    Starting weight: 180
    Current weight: 160
    Goal weight 120-130

After having 2 kids back to back losing baby weight is a struggle. I started being active again about 2 months ago and so far it makes me a lot stronger. I'm excited to shred more pounds and build more muscle. Of course more energy to keep up my 2 & 1 year old girls. Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me. Have a wonderful New year!

• AviBeFit
    AviBeFit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Avi
    Height: 5'5
    Heaviest weight: 216
    Starting weight: I need to weigh myself in the morning.
    Current weight: 213
    Goal weight 155-165

I'm the poster child for yo-yo dieting over the past few years. I've allowed my heaviest weight to creep its way back after being dealt a lot of low blows in 2015. I'm an emo/stress eater and lacked motivation to workout, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

I'm welcoming 2016 with open arms: vision board (check), food tracker (check), workout plan (check), weight loss challenge (check)! I'm ready and motivated to get this weight off. So much is riding on me to make this happen!

Good luck everyone and happy New Year :)
  • haberchic
    haberchic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Heather
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight: 160
    Current Weight: 157.8
    Goal Weight: 135

I am the mother of 3 children and two dogs, who keep me busy! I have been on here for awhile, but haven't committed, so my weight yo-yo's. I enjoy exercising; I run and lift weights but the bottom line is I eat too much. I'm living proof that exercise alone will not eliminate the pounds. Snacking is my biggest downfall. My goals for this month (I'm taking this month by month) are to log everyday, cut way down on snacking and cut out cocktails at home.
  • dmbedard
    dmbedard Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I want to join too.

My name is Dennis
    Height: 5' 16" :wink:
    Current weight: 298
    Heaviest weight: 345
    Goal weight: 250

I've never been small: my healthiest adult weight was 250 at age 25 with practically no body fat from working construction and working out 2 hours a day (martial arts, weight training, running), but that was a galaxy far, far away before 50 hours a week, grad school, 3 kids and a sedentary job.

I've lost 47 pounds since 2011, slowly, very slowly. I'd like to pick up the pace, but I have to be careful since I'm type 1 diabetic and no carb diets send me to the ER :wink: I'm focusing on portion control and moving from 5,000 steps a day to 10,000.

Good Luck and I'll follow along . . .
  • ArtsyActive1401
    ArtsyActive1401 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Nicole, I'm 42 and live in the Midwest. I rejoined MFP 285(ish) days ago... March 2015. I log-in everyday and have been looking for a weekly weigh-in group. My goal is to lose roughly 25lbs more by the time swim suit season begins. I've had a rough patch with food intolerance, so in 2016 my new goal will be everything in moderation.

I started at 192lbs. in March 2015. Currently at 176lbs. I walk as much as I can, ride my indoor bike, hula hoop and picked up a Simply Fit balance board for Christmas. Looking to incorporate and move as much as I can during the next few months of winter! Thanks for hosting this group. :)
  • emberellis
    emberellis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm Ember :blush: :

Heaviest Weight: 162
    Current Weight: 143
    Goal Weight: 125
    Height: 5'6

I'm 23 from Scotland :smiley:
    I have a rottweiler x staffordshire bull terrier cross who just loves her walkies! I love running and cycling and workout a lot. I eat really healthily and since I'm a vegan a lot of fruit and veggies!!! <3:love:
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Chloë. I'm 23, from England and training to be a teacher.

Heaviest weight: 198lbs
    CW: 159.2lbs
    GW: 125lbs
    Height: 5 foot 8
  • BreakthroughThisLifeTime
    BreakthroughThisLifeTime Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hello All, I'm Daphne. I am 44, from Chicago

Heaviest Weight: 438lbs
    Start Weight: 400lbs
    Current Weight: 357lbs
    1st Goal Weight: 299lbs

Thank you all for your support. It's nice to continue on my journey with extra inspiration. Happy New Year's to everyone...and here we go....good luck :-)
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    So here we are. Only a few hours away from a new year. I'm excited and I have some goals for next year. I want to be able to do 5 pull ups (right now I can not do even 1) and I want to run a half marathon before 2017. I am also hoping to find a new job. What about you guys/girls? Does anyone else want to share their goals for 2016?
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Heaviest weight: 232
    Starting weight (Nov 8, 2014): 229
    Currently weight (Dec 30, 2015): 193.5
    Goal weight: 149

I'm 5'8 and 42 years old. I am married, have an eighteen-year-old son living at home going to college, and own my own business. I work too much, and sit too much. I've been trying to run for years, and have done a lot of races, but have never been able to move past a run/walk method. I am finally making a little progress. I joined MFP in November 2014 after starting a new exercise program and seeing an ad for it. I can't believe I have never counted calories before this. I feel like I have wasted years of my life being overweight when it was completely unnecessary.

At first the weight came off pretty easily and I was eating around 1700 to 1800 calories, but since June or July I have lost very little. I am feeling motivated again and ready to start dropping the rest of this weight. Glad to be in this challenge!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    @BreakthroughThisLifeTime you are doing fantastic! Wow. Nice loss so far!

@TracyeS4 I also want to be able to do a pull up. I have been working on it for years. Great goals!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    Thanks @RunRachelleRun Have you tried Couch to 5 k? Worked wonders for me and the best part is that you can start at your current fitness level. I skipped the first couple of weeks.

I have had a few plateaus myself. I'm glad that you are back at it, though. Never give up!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    Yes, thanks @TracyeS4 ! I tried Couch to 5K years ago. I realize now I was going way too fast during the run portions so didn't succeed with it. I am learning to run much slower now, and am up to 10-minute intervals again after taking a month off from running. Earlier this year, I was able to run as long as 30 or 40 minutes non-stop, but it wasn't enjoyable and I gave up and returned to the intervals. I have some heart issues, and likely some mental issues specific to running as well lol
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    Well, @RunRachelleRun, there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing intervals. Just keep up the good work!
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi. I'm Mona and I live in Australia.

Heaviest weight - 101.5 kg
    Current weight - 86.5 kg
    Goal weight - 80 kg

I'm 5 feet tall. I've been counting calories since March 2014 and started using MFP in May 2015. I've lost 15 kg so far, in almost 2 years. My goal weight is much too heavy for my height but my doctor says it's okay. I developed type 2 diabetes at my heaviest weight, but have been managing it fairly well and I just want to be healthy and fitter, I don't care if I'm skinny. My goal dress size is US size 12/Australian size 16. Nearly there :) I have a Fitbit and exercise nearly every day.