Mind Over Matter

Options
It's really hard to keep telling myself "I don't want those chips, that drink will make me feel all sloshy inside, that cake isn't worth it" but honestly, I DO want those chips, they're my brand!

Replies

• Overcomer68
    Overcomer68 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was doing a group search and found your group. I noticed you just started and I wanted to read your posts before making a decision to join. It's funny how you mentioned "chips" because for lunch I ate half of a ham and swiss club sandwich and half of a small bag of chips. I had no desire to eat the rest. There was a time that I would have just eaten the rest without a thought.
  • Aeconry
    Aeconry Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Lyndsimcnally and Overcomer68! This is my first time joining a group on fitnesspal! I looked at different groups and saw this group at the top of the list. And too funny I myself just a couple minutes ago came back from lunch and had chips! I felt so yucky and logging them in I thought to myself how badly I wanted to take control of my eating! I am excited to be part of a group!
  • FredBeach
    FredBeach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started looking for a group, think of all you have now. here is a prayer I found on the ground Sunday. Sweet Dreams Prayer

Lord God, Giver of life,
    Fill us with your Spirit.
    Use our hands to shelter the homeless;
    Use our hearts to enable sweet dreams;
    Use our voices to end homeless.
    May our actions improve life for others
    And reflect yours abundant love.
    Through Christ our Lord, AMEN.
  • christinepilon1980
    Options
    I just came stumbled upon this group and hope that it is okay to have joined. I have been on My fitness pal for a while but ready to get serious now. I am hoping that this group will help me. TIA
  • Aeconry
    Options
    Glad to have you Christine! Can't wait to see what God does!
  • CaroleH15
    CaroleH15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I've been looking for a group that loves the Lord like I do! I am SO a work in progress. I am grateful the Lord is patient with me. I am "not so much!" I am on day 186 and have repeatedly lost and gained the same 5 pounds. I'm in treatment for thyroid and taking bio-identical hormones. I care for my husband who has had multiple small strokes. I have a heart defibrillator, but I feel good and check-up's have been good. But...I need to get serious in the coming year. I have kept 75 pounds off that I lost 10 years ago...but I am also about 55-60 pounds from my goal! Would enjoy having some new friends trying to go the same way. To me, it doesn't matter if our diets are different...I just would love to give and receive a little encouragement <3
  • CaroleH15
    Options
    Also...since this group appears small, I have tried to message and friend each of you but some of those attempts did not go through? I am not-so-techie so maybe I did something wrong? Regardless...I wholeheartedly welcome any of you into my world, if you would like to reach back to me we will journey together :wink:
  • Aeconry
    Options
    Hi Carol! Trust me I am a work in progress too and it is always a breath of fresh air being so authentic with one another. I have personally never joined a group online for encouragement for loosing weight. And I am excited to see what it brings. I realized this year how powerful it is to have small groups to do life with. Though we may be miles away from one another we can still have that connection. I will pray for you Carol! I know it must be very difficult at times. I know it is for me. Sending a virtual hug if that is possible lol! I live in minneapolis mn my profile says hancock maine but, I moved a couple years ago. I got married and off to Minneapolis my husband and I went! I did not see a friend request on my profile? Have a beautiful day everyone! I am praying God is going to do great things by bringing us all together.
  • CaroleH15
    Options
    When I click on your name under your picture I can either send you a message or ignore you (not going to do that! lol) there is no option to friend you. Strange! Your account is set to private and I think mine is "friends only" so that might be why?

Regardless thanks for your sweet note and I am sending a virtual hug back and YES we need to keep encouraging one another.

I love living in community, in all aspects. We were not designed to walk alone! God bless and I hope we can figure out the friend request thing! Happy New Year!
  • adbh001
    adbh001 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @CaroleH15 -- You have to click on the name again when that box comes up. That will take you to her profile where you have the option to add as friend. Hope that helps!
  • CaroleH15
    Options
    That didn't work. I had to put her in the search box otherwise it wouldn't work. Tonight I kept getting error messages when I tried to "like" comments! Lol Thanks though!
  • Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I had that same problem the other night too. I think MFP had a few glitches that night. The "like" problem seems to be fixed today.
  • Aeconry
    Options
    Hi everyone! How is your day going? I just started today and partially yesterday on my journey to eating healthy. I had a friend of mine that came over on Friday and we talked about how cravings for food are sometimes cravings that God needs to fill. Like when I get really emotional about something I usually 9/10 will resort to eating. I really feel a leading from God that a lot of my cravings are needing God to fill me. I am already aggravated with this eating journey. I wish that I could snap my fingers and not eat all this bad for me food!
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just joined this group. By the grace of God and using MFP, healthy eating, and exercise I lost over 100# a few years ago. I have gained all but 15 of it back. I am starting this again. I have been fat all my life. Again I am trying to start a healthy lifestyle. I can't do it without God, accountability, and encouragement. I am blessed to have a workout partner but I need all the help I can get. I am a food addict and an emotional eater. When I start something like this I do well for a while then something comes along and the tide turns. I go back to old ways. I gain weight as quickly as I lose it. I don't want to do that again.
  • CaroleH15
    Options
    Oh man I feel for you! I also lost 115, but experienced horrible thyroid and hormonal disruption and gained 35 back! At the 115 loss I was still 15 pounds from goal!!! Yes we need God and we need each other. I too have battled emotional eating. I heard this quote once that resonated with me: Man is born broken, he spends his life mending...but God is the glue. Amen to that! Baby steps, baby steps! I appreciate your honesty❤️
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Love what you said CaroleH15! You are totally right! There's no need in not being honest. Heck, if I can't be honest with y'all, whom I may never meet in person, who can I be honest with? Being honest with y'all helps me to be honest with myself. Yeah, I'm a Southerner and I write the way I talk sometimes. My name is Susan.
  • CaroleH15
    Options
    Hi Susan and glad you are here
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Thank you! I am glad to be here!