Hot Tamales Intros

Options
writemusic4him
writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Hello Hot Tamales! Bring the heat to Temptation Nation!

Take the time to get to know each other here. If you don't like your team name, then feel free to work with your team leader to come up with a different one fitting for the show.

Hope you're ready for Monday! If you haven't seen the main preview for the show, you can check it out on nbc.com.

HOT TAMALES
1 writemusic4him
2 blessedmystique
3 RaeBeeBaby
4 atrosper
5 turtlebeth
6 andy_geek - team leader
7 lexiss91
8 digger61

Replies

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Mike. Looking forward to this challenge. This is going to be a get time together
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Rae and I'm happy to be a Hot Tamale! Looking forward to this challenge and getting to know all of you while we work towards a greater level of fitness.

Outside of this challenge, my goals for 2016 are to continue my journey towards greater health and to reach a healthy BMI by my birthday in April. I like to do a bunch of different types of exercise and I try to do something physical every day. Currently my workout rotation includes: yoga, aquasize, walking (treadmill & outside), aerobic dance, strength training, and disc golf. Would love to hear what kinds of things you all like to do to stay active! B)
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm Andy. I live near Seattle, WA. I've participated in 3 of these BL competitions and it's helped me remain motivated to become more fit and stay positive.

For me, success for this competition is to simply complete it with a positive outlook in my journey that takes me through the rest of 2016. If i lose weight as well then that's a bonus for me :smile:

My weightloss goal is to get down to 199 lbs, today i'm about 226'sh. About 4 years ago i was 280.

Lets support each other in our journey! <3
  • andy_geek
    Options
    Hi Rae, welcome <3
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Currently my workout rotation includes: yoga, aquasize, walking (treadmill & outside), aerobic dance, strength training, and disc golf.

I think that's well balanced, good for you! I used to do yoga and it helped me emotionally, mentally and physically. But i stopped going to yoga classes because i needed to save $$. I really miss it. Maybe i should follow some of the youtube yoga sessions. :)

What do you do for yoga and how often do you practice?
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Ashley. I am 28, 29 in February, and I'm living in San Diego. I like to walk mainly, but starting Monday I will be restarting P90x, as I started it at the end of July and stopped about 2/3 through. I usually have a fitbit to help track my steps, but it just died on New Years. I am trying to get a new one on eBay, or when I get enough money to buy one in store, whichever comes first.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    andy_geek wrote: »
    Hi Rae, welcome <3
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Currently my workout rotation includes: yoga, aquasize, walking (treadmill & outside), aerobic dance, strength training, and disc golf.

I think that's well balanced, good for you! I used to do yoga and it helped me emotionally, mentally and physically. But i stopped going to yoga classes because i needed to save $$. I really miss it. Maybe i should follow some of the youtube yoga sessions. :)

What do you do for yoga and how often do you practice?

I started out just following some YouTube videos here and there, then starting doing my own thing incorporating the moves that I learned online. This past summer and fall I was doing yoga on my own outside on my deck nearly every morning - anywhere from 30 minutes up to an hour if I had the time. It really helped me emotionally, mentally and physically, as well! Then when the weather turned I skipped it for awhile, but I really missed it. A new yoga studio opened in my town, so I went to a few classes, but they are really expensive. Lately, I'm back to YouTube and doing my own yoga flow in between. I'm going to try and do at least 20 minutes every day during January. That's one of my personal goals for the month. Two days in and so far, so good. I even got my husband (his name is Andy!) to do it with me this morning.

I just found out the new yoga studio has changed their pricing structure and now offer a punch card that's good for 3 months. I may try that again because it's nice to have the class atmosphere and someone else moving you through the flow.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Hi Ashley! Good for you to try P90X! I've watched the infomercials and that just looks way scary and intimidating to me! I don't know if I could keep up with it, but good for you making it 2/3 of the way through last time! If you can do that much, I'm sure you can make it all the way through this time!

I meant to include in my intro that I live in Western Oregon. Looks like we've got a few west coasters in our group!
  • andy_geek
    Options
    Hi Ashley! I love San Diego, i spent some time there many years ago when i was in the Navy. :)
  • andy_geek
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rae,
    We are basically the Pacific Coast group (and Arizona, sometimes hawaii and Alaska). The teams are usually aligned by timezone, so we watch the TV show at the same time and can post messages in our group in real time as we comment to each other on amazing, scary or insightful and funny things we see. This keeps spoilers from leaking out when the folks in the earlier timezones comment.

Let's go Tamales! :wink:
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Beth, in my late 40's, mom to 4, grandma to 1, living on the Washington coastline. Full disclosure, Andy (our team leader), is my big brother. Hey bro! My goal during the BL show is to get back into a healthy eating and exercise routine. I've gained back about 20 since my grandbaby was born helping to care for her. Ready for getting my fitness on ! We can do this!!!
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey Hey Everyone!
    My name's Alexis, I'm 24 about to be 25 in June. So happy to be a hot tamale considering tamales are one of my weaknesses! :P

To be honest I've gained quite a bit last year not just in weight but in knowledge and lessons learned as well :) I'm ready to utilize and kick butt for 2016. My goals for this challenge is to get back into the workout swing with my zumba and Just Dance. I'm also beginning to take meal prep more seriously since my hard work wont count for much if I keep eating Taco Bell and Cheesecake all the time.

Ultimately I just want to get out of the 300s. I've never been this heavy before and I can tell its already starting to take a toll on my health :( Ive always been heavy but at the same time very mobile and I'm noticing I'm running out of breath quicker than I used too and there is a lot more pain in my joints now. If there was ever time for a change it is NOW!

So overall I'm ready to kick *kitten* and rock this challenge and I cant wait to share this journey with you guys! GO TAMALES!!
  • andy_geek
    Options
    lexiss91 wrote: »
    If there was ever time for a change it is NOW!

Yeah! Let's rock!

It's so good to be back together, Alexis :smile:

• RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    lexiss91 wrote: »
    Hey Hey Hey Everyone!
    My name's Alexis, I'm 24 about to be 25 in June. So happy to be a hot tamale considering tamales are one of my weaknesses! :P

To be honest I've gained quite a bit last year not just in weight but in knowledge and lessons learned as well :) I'm ready to utilize and kick butt for 2016. My goals for this challenge is to get back into the workout swing with my zumba and Just Dance. I'm also beginning to take meal prep more seriously since my hard work wont count for much if I keep eating Taco Bell and Cheesecake all the time.

Ultimately I just want to get out of the 300s. I've never been this heavy before and I can tell its already starting to take a toll on my health :( Ive always been heavy but at the same time very mobile and I'm noticing I'm running out of breath quicker than I used too and there is a lot more pain in my joints now. If there was ever time for a change it is NOW!

So overall I'm ready to kick *kitten* and rock this challenge and I cant wait to share this journey with you guys! GO TAMALES!!

Hi Alexis! Great to be here with you in this challenge! Meal prep is one of my "tools" for successful weight loss and I think it is really important. I think that is a great plan to focus on for you! You are smart to get a handle on this while you are young. You don't want to go into middle age fighting this battle (I know from experience). It's way harder to lose when you are older.

I just got 2 of the Just Dance dvds for Wii, so I'm excited to start doing them. I did one of them the first night (kind of embarrassed in front of my husband), but it was a lot of fun. Can't wait to do more!
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    andy_geek wrote: »

Yeah! Let's rock!

It's so good to be back together, Alexis :smile:

My sentiments exactly Andy :)
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey Andy is there still time to join?
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we only need one more person to enter their starting weight and we are set. I'm so excited to see the first episode tomorrow!!! I really think Bob Harper is going to shake things up this round. I hope we all get some motivation and food tips from every episode. I'll be here to chat during the shows, so hopefully someone else will be here too!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Good luck Andy and Hot Tamales!!
  • andy_geek
    Options
    twinkle150 wrote: »
    Hey Andy is there still time to join?

Welcome!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited January 2016
    Options
    turtlebeth wrote: »
    Yeah, we only need one more person to enter their starting weight and we are set. I'm so excited to see the first episode tomorrow!!! I really think Bob Harper is going to shake things up this round. I hope we all get some motivation and food tips from every episode. I'll be here to chat during the shows, so hopefully someone else will be here too!

I'll be watching! I can't wait!! I'm going to go online today and check out the contestants beforehand so I have a little clue about who they are. I always have my favorites pretty early on. Normally, I record it and watch it later because my husband is not a big fan (he says but he usually still watches LOL), but this year I want to watch in real-time with our group. So fun!!

I do have to say I will miss Allison Sweeney. She's just adorable and I love to see what she's wearing. I will miss her, but I know Bob will do amazing as the host.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I see that our group leader created chat threads for tonight's premier, so I'll be posting over there. See you in the new thread my Hot Tamales!
This discussion has been closed.