Pre-start day 2: 1/2/2016

Options
danelutza19
danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
Good afternoon everyone!!!
I know it's a bit late to start the daily thread but I have a good reason.
Yesterday I didn't go to the gym or ice skating... We had to go to the mall. I did get pretty happy because I tried on some jeans and I'm a size 6 :) last year around this time I was a 10 :)
I woke up a bit late this morning with a stuffy nose and found myself thinking of reasons why I should go back to bed. I had a coffee, took care of the pup, put on my gym clothes and ran out the door before the family woke up :) The gym was packed but I had an amazing workout and I'm feeling amazing right about now!
The whole time I kept thinking about how our bodies need some form of hardship to evolve and improve. "The comfort zone is a beautiful thing but nothing ever grows there".
Looks like today I will make up for yesterday and do the workout and the ice skating :) the rest of the day I plan on doing my push-ups and chin-ups, a little walk, drink a gallon of water and enjoy my last day with calories at maintenance level.
Let's make this a fabulous Saturday!!!!

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Heading home after a few days with the inlaws. Went a little over my calories yesterday, but still under maintenance. It's tough right now because I'm still recovering from the flu and I don't have the exercise calories to eat back. I'm feeling a lot better today, so this next week will be focused on getting my step count back up.

Danelutza - awesome NSV!!

Goals for today:
    1. Stay within calories
    2. 5k steps
  • Calimackey
    Calimackey Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Achieved yesterday's goals even though we had friends and family round for their New Years Day dinner. Today's goals are
    1. At least 10,000 steps
    2. No alcohol
    3. Squats. 3 sets of 10 - 3 times during the day
  • 365daysman
    365daysman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.78 miles/1 hr, over calories on 1/1/16. Plan to walk today.
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    There is a birthday party for me this evening, so my goal is to stick to lean protein and vegetables for food and not more than 2 glasses of wine. I hiked for an hour and did yoga already. Still getting mentally ready to start in earnest on Monday, and still working on positive thoughts. (that last one is a hard one today...)
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    went to bed late last night but still dragged myself to the gym and rode the elliptical bike 5 miles and then strength training on legs. I threw away all the left over fudge and christmas cookies and am now having a chocolate attack. So glad there is nothing in the house to tempt me :)
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I made my goals for yesterday. Today's goals were to log everything, stay in calories and get in a workout. I'm well on my way with the food and logging. I will have to get that workout in tonight.
  • lmanes1
    lmanes1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Had a restful day. Walked for exercise. Ate well and logged all my meals. Drank plenty of water today.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,094 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Goals
    Sat - 1/2
    1.Get to gym for a hour - treadmill
    2. No late night snacking
    3. Buy knitting needles to learn to knit
    4. Meet calorie goal
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Just got home for the second time. the crazy woman I work with who was fine all day long decided to get sick and I had to return and work a 13 hour day. WTH
    I stayed in my calories
    I drank all the water
    I did exercise but not as much as I would like and it's not going to happen I'm too tired.
    So I'm now dragging my sorry butt to bed. Til tomorrow. :)
  • jplosingit
    jplosingit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Met my goals for 10,000 steps, even added 10 min elliptical. Met goal for water and logged food today. Felt good about all of this since we spent the day out of town and ate out. Felt hungry tonight, but survived (used most of my calories for breakfast and lunch)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,094 Member
    Options
    Goals
    Sat - 1/2
    1.Get to gym for a hour - treadmill
    2. No late night snacking
    3. Buy knitting needles to learn to knit
    4. Meet calorie goal

All goals met today!
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I was so proud of myself yesterday.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Today was the last of the "holiday" celebrations - a get-together with my husbands family. I am not going to feel guilty for how I ate because it is the LAST time I will have a day like this.

Tomorrow and every day after, I will be VERY conscious of my eating habits. I also will be doing some exercising at some point as well, Sundays are busy days for us so I never quite know when I will be able to fit it in. In the future, however, Sundays will probably be my rest day.
    2016 is going to be MY year!
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was so proud of myself since I went to a dinner party and informed my friend when I was full. I had to politely refuse to eat more. Even though she was upset that I would not eat more of her delicious food, I am worthy of respect and will not disrespect myself with eating more than I need. <3