Over indulged at Christmas!

placebo_mad
placebo_mad Posts: 13 Member
I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have an average bmi. With my daughter (2.5 years ago) I gained 1.5 stone which I was quite happy with. This time I've already gained a stone and about half of that is from overindulging over Christmas! I need to get back to eating more nutricious foods rather than mince pies and chocolate for breakfast! Any friends with open diaries would be helpful to encourage me to eat more normally. I'm 35 from the UK x

Replies

• EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    I have been eating too much too, but I have made a habit out of using my exercise bike before bed to try to offset some of the calories. I aim to do at least 30 min, but often I do 50 and one day 1 hr and 15 min (after hitting the chocolate tin earlier in the day...) This has helped control the Christmas gain, so it has gone up 0.2 pounds over the last week. However, I need to get back into normal eating habits. Today I had eggs for brunch, then Thai red curry salmon, rice and lots of veg for dinner, with two pieces of chocolate after. I will have some popcorn and fruit later. So hard to be good when there is still so many treats in the house! I am 18 weeks, 38 and from UK, I will add you.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Hi there!

Feel free to add me! I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first and haven't been feeling great so haven't really gained any weight yet. I've definitely not been eating enough protein and too much sugar/carbs.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm 22 weeks and also trying to recover from the holidays, lol. My diary is always open :)

(Although I'm still eating my fair share of pizza/chocolate/greasy stuff... hoping exercise will help balance it out!)
  • placebo_mad
    Hi Lisa, hope you start feeling well soon. I had terrible morning sickness until week 14 and lost 10lbs. Not a good way to lose weight though as it means you have no energy when you really need it! My midwife just said to eat what I could when I could and if that was biscuits then it was fine! I'm making up for it now :) x
  • placebo_mad
    Hi Marie, I've added you too. It will be so nice to have friends on here who are going through the same thing :smiley: x